Ann Curry

NBC's $10 MILLION MISTAKE

6/22/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Ann Curry $$$.
Ann Curry will get her walking papers from the "Today" show next week, and NBC will pay dearly for its blunder -- because network sources tell us she's under a contract that guarantees her $10 million a year.

Our sources tell us Ann signed a new contract almost a year ago to the day, when she took over as co-anchor of "Today." Under the deal, Ann gets a cool $10 mil, and it's a long-term contract.  We're told she's guaranteed that amount for 3 years.

Network sources tell us ... the likely scenario is that Ann will become a foreign correspondent for NBC News.

Short story ... she'll be the first foreign correspondent who will rake in an amount equal to the gross national product of some of the countries she will cover.

marco

Matt Lauer is the one who needs to go. I stopped watching because of him, than he got a contract for 30million a year. WTF.

DaveT

I must have the shows mixed up, which show is it that has the two sets of legs? Er...I mean...the one with Kathy Lee Gifford and the other woman?

Joao

That woman isn't worth the minimum wage.

Luckieduckie711

Sounds like NBC wants to make her life miserable sending her overseas!

Lonnie

Poor Ann, how will she get by on $10,000,000.....just another spoiled TV 'personality'...drop dead

KP

Believe it's the workings of Comcast, the parent company, to raise the ratings of all troubled shows. They did it to MSNBC by adding "The Cycle" last week. Comcast acquired NBC-Universal from GE in a complicated deal worth $35.6 billion and now needs to generate income to pay it off.

jackie

They should have canned Matt...........he's a snob.

HumanNature

ANN CURRY IS THE ONLY REASON WHY I WATCH THE "TODAY SHOW"

BYE, BYE TODAY SHOW!!!!!

TXLA

OK..I'm feeling alot less sorry for her now!

Jay

Say it ain't so! But good, glad she's getting her money, stupid NBC fools for replacing her! I like her better than any of the other women they've had, she was the reason I started watching the Today show. Could NOT stand Katie Couric, why she's ever hired by anyone is beyond me, she's horrible and Meredith Viera was just plain annoying. Big mistake NBC, have no idea why they are replacing her, Matt Lauer should be the one to leave, he's the reason ratings are down, he's a pompus ass.

Jackazz flatts

She should be shining shoes

Jtee

Bad decision! I personally have grown to like her. She's more reserved than Meredith....but that's a good thing, in my opinion. If the suits think it's Ann that has brought their ratings down, they should take another look. If this goes through, good bye to the Today Show. You're not the only show in town.

Kat

I think that is great that she is leaving I use to like her but when I was in New York with some handicap people she wouldn't speak to anyone I thought she was a people person but I saw first hand she is stuck up I was very dissapointed in her n so was others that was there I am so glad to see her go n since she took over this new spot on the Today Show she acts better than anyone Go far away Ann

Rob

They fired the wrong one in my opinion. Matt Lauer should have been dumped.

Good for her that she has a contract. Wish it was twice what she will get.

nicole

I feel sorry for Ann. The Exec at the Today show are azzwipes! And why do they need 4 friggen hours of news???? Who the hell has all day to watch that crapola, just give me the top headlines in the first 15-30 minutes and I'm good. GMA is what I'll be watching, actually that's what I've been watching for a while now.