Aubrey O'Day

I Have Serious

Mental Health Issues

6/25/2012 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0625_aubry_oday_airplane
Aubrey O'Day is a certified headcase ... so says one of her doctors, who issued the reality star an official medical document which allows her to bring her dogs on to an airplane.

A rep for Virgin America airlines tells TMZ ... the "Celebrity Apprentice" star was cleared to bring her 2 pets into the 1st class section of a flight this week ... because they are registered as "Emotional Support Animals."

So how does one get emotional support animal clearance? Ya gotta have a doctor write a letter ... stating you have mental issues.

According to the Virgin America website, the airline requires the passenger to produce a letter from a licensed mental health professional which substantiates the guest's disability-related need for the animal to accompany them in the aircraft cabin.

V.A. claims the letter must state that the passenger "has a mental health-related disability" ... and that having the animal accompany the passenger is necessary for his or her mental health.

The nature of O'Day's mental health issue is unclear.  We called the starlet for comment.

O'Day tweeted pics of the dogs enjoying themselves on the flight to San Francisco ... and the V.A. rep tells us she was "incredibly sweet and polite" ... and nothing short of a "great guest."

So far, no word back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

yellowbird21

I guess if being a total bitch is mental health issue....

Flying Blind

Does the letter say if it's ok for the dogs to hang their heads out the window .... weeeeeee.

shelley

Just one more doctor willing to sign/do anything for the right amount of $$. Guide dogs are a great service. She is just a wannabe celeb just trying to get special treatment and that takes away from people that really need guide dogs and help.

Majestik

From the color of those dogs dyed coats, I'd say that's a big yepper.

Meow

I didn't realize Danity Kane or her solo career made her enough money to sustain her lifestyle over the last few years and STILL be able to afford an extra first class seat for her dogs... Even more proof that we live in a crazy mixed up world.

kim is a publicity whore

i have to fly and dont want my dog to go in cargo, so if i get a doctor to write the same letter, can my dog sit on my lap during the flight?

bj

how does she need them there but not on the apprentice?????

bj

how does she need them there

ManiacalZebra

I don't doubt that she's mentally ill, but it's nothing a dog can fix. Electrodes, maybe, but not dogs.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

What convinced her? That hideous orange tan she sports or the fact that she doesn't blink more than once per minute?

humboldtgirlie

It's so easy to get a doc/shrink/therapist to sign one of those. You just tell them you have a fear of flying and having your dogs would ease the stress. That's a mental thing.

Iz

And so if you're allergic to dogs you just have to suffer through the plane ride?

Straight Talkin Texan

Her dogs probably behave better than many of the passengers! And if I was traveling with my pets, I would be a wreck if I had to check them as cargo. Thus, I think for my mental health, they would need to ride in the cabin with me. :-)

Poppycock

Sounds exactly like a weed card.

Maverick

Doctors in LA will write out prescriptions for anything. Dr Feelgoods everywhere in this town. It's easy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments