Ann Curry

Negotiating Exit From NBC

Savannah Guthrie A Lock

6/26/2012 6:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0625_ann_curry_savannah_01
Ann Curry
and NBC are negotiating her exit from "Today" and the hang-up is money ...  sources connected with the network tell TMZ.

Our sources say Savannah Guthrie has already made her deal with the network to succeed Ann as co-anchor of "Today," but the snag is the amount of money Ann will get.

As we first reported, Ann gets $10 million a year. She is one year into a 3-year contract, and from what we're hearing NBC does not want to pay her $20 million for the balance of the contract.

Sources tell us Ann wants the full $20 mil and her exit papers. NBC wants to pay her $10 mil and give her a foreign correspondent job. And therein lies the hang-up.

The network could pay her the $20 mil and then prohibit her from working anywhere else for 2 years.  But we're told they don't want to shell out that kind of dough, so Ann's lawyer and NBC are haggling.

NBC wants to make the switch quickly ... certainly before the Olympics so they can showcase Savannah. We're hearing the goal is to make the announcement late this week or early next.

cali5

Hang in there, Ann! NBC should have to buy out her entire contract and she should be able to go where she wants next -- immediately. They are totally scapegoating her. NBC News has always been a boys club. And I really DO NOT like Savannah Guthrie. This is exactly what they did to Jane Pauley with Deborah Norville. Shame On You, NBC!!

theresa

Ann is so much better than Matt. He can't interview for crap I put in with Larry King they both SUCK!!!

Carolyn Baker

You have just lost a viewer to early morning tv. I personally do not like Savanah Guthrie. Trading one dud for another. Good Job!!!

clair luz

Ann is an actual news person with a brain and years experience in journalism. Savanna is your typical ditzy talking head.
I give Ann credit that she wouldn't let them destroy her credibility completely. She deserves what ever she can get.
Matt & Savanna are perfect for each other. One is a total Diva and the other is a girl.

freaksloan

Ann Curry is dumber than a box of rocks. I bet she doesn't know one 1 plus 1 is.

ashley

I hope Ann takes their azz to the cleaners!!! I hope everyone either takes a break from that show OR dumps them all together.
She seems like a sweet woman, I stopped watching when Merideth took over...nothing against her but I want a news program that will give me all the info in less time that NBC does.

Joybubble55

I hope everyone stops watching this show.... It would be nice too see Matt out looking for a job... He has such an ego.... Dump him....🐒

kr

don't like savannah. not fair to ask a mom to go to war zones for 2 years without her kids. no cool

andie

Couric/Lauer were the best. Can not stand Guthrie (her voice), KOTB would be better. Guess I'll be watching Good Morning America.

jase

point of order as someone who negotiations these things for a living. Noncompete clauses are not valid every where say for example California. She can take for 20MM and work there. They signed an agreement now they want out but there is a price. Make them pay.

Rlg

That's why I don't watch NBC. They made a commitment and now they are breaking it.

Butterfly

SORRY, CORRECTION! I stated 10 million dollars for three years. Obviously, should have been 10 million dollars, per year, for three years. Post # 132. SORRY, and , THANKS!!!

Melaney

Will not watch when Ann Curry leaves. Will change morning shows. I watch for her not Matt. Not sure where he got the idea he was so great.

tommyr

I LOVE Savannah! She's friggin' HOT! Bye Ann, HELLO Savannah!

Susan62509

Matt's been there for 16 years. Time for him to go. I don't care for him. Ann is far more professional. Bad move on NBC's part. I won't watch the show with Ann gone.