Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

ISithedMyPants

Good riddance to bad garbage. She was a terrible anchor and a worse co-host.

KickRocks

This is such a disaster for the Today Show. I agree with most that Matt should gotten the boot. He has caused so much scandal on the Today Show but that doesn't seem to matter much to the Executives. Sad! I wish Ann much success...

Pudding Tang

Mr McPlastic is sooooo genuine!

Quinn

Matt Lauer is a Douche. How can people even watch him?

just my opinion

Matt Lauer is a phony. Curry is beautiful, smart, and stands for integrity. I can admit that she is not the best interviewer but the show needs to reformat in general if it wants to compete with GMA. Losing Curry is a huge blow, imo. Why do the women go through revolving doors while the men are the mainstays??? NBC shows again that they have no idea how to handle sh&t. look at what they did to Conan.

patty

I will NEVER watch that stupid show again! Matt is so FAKEand UGLY, I can't stand him. I hope they fire his his ass soon when the ratings continue to plumett..... BOYCOTT NBC....

Cooper

Ann wasn't the problem.......Matt Lauer is a slug.
And still they keep that moron Kathie Lee......I don't get it.

realitychecker

While I am no great fan of Ann, I do like her much more than Matt. She handled this situation with grace and class, character traits that Matt lacks. I wish her much success in her future endeavors.GMA, all the way!!!!

Jdawg

Matt is a backstabber,,everyone knows that.

whatsup

Ann, you are the best. Wishing you much success going forward.

Matt, you are a disgusting individual. You were so fake this morning. I hope you fail miserably.

Best Mom

I have been watching Today for only a few months. I was a GMA fan but when the story broke they paid Jose Baez for the Casey Anthony story I switched to Today. Well -- forget that idea! Does Matt Lauer have that much power that he can get rid of people? Shame on NBC. My search begins for a new morning news show! And good luck to Ann Curry - she deserves it!

MrHarrybawls2010

When it comes right down to it, do any of these people deserve 10 million dollars a year to read a teleprompter? Anne Curry always had that "I just woke up, but arent I beautiful?" look about her and a weary voice which grew very tiresome and lauer has the personality and intelligence of a paper plate. Replace this show with static.

jen

dear matt, u r a dic...and so are your bosses......

Jetta

Yeah, he is a jerk. Then to find out he's hitting the one staying beside him. WTF? Ann was the wonderful to watch. why does it seem the good people always get the kick and the *******s stays!? I am never watch that show again.

Jenn

Regardless of what you think of Ann's anchor skills, she didn't deserve the way this all went down. Imagine being contractually forced to show up to a job for months when the entire world knew you were about to get axed for one of your co-anchors eff buddies. Serious lack of professionalism all around!