Jack Black

Awesomeness

at Queen Cover Show

6/28/2012 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0628_jack_black
It was Jack Black ... meets Freddie Mercury ... meets Queen cover band ... meets on-stage mishap ... during an awesomely bizarre live concert in Tennessee this week.

Black was hanging out at the Protomen show at the Exit/In theater in Nashville when the band broke out a little Bohemian Rhapsody.

About 3 minutes into the song, the band called Black on stage to sing back up vocals ... and the crowd went nuts.

As Jack rocked out, he got a little too carried away with the mic stand ... and accidentally pulled it apart. Fortunately another member of the band was there to put it back together again.

Crisis averted.

Edam241

Jack Black is NOT funny. I wouldn't waste my time on anything that he appears in.

TOGSolid

It's worth noting that The Protomen aren't a Queen cover band. They did do a cover album because why not, but primarily they're a rock group from Nashville, TN that have two other albums of original music worth checking out.
Light Up The Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSHC1dqX1o
The Will of One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTaqc3_5oYg

Straight Talkin Texan

Great song! It was fun to see all the people enjoying it. It looked like a fun crowd and band, and the band sounded REALLY good. I'm surprised that guy in the mask is willing to run around in spandex, showing his bulging...belly. lol Maybe that's why he wears the mask!

haveababybymebaby

love jack black. it's nice to see someone who isn't stuck up their own bumhole for once.

DaveT

(bangs head)....so you think you can stone and spit in my eye-ah-eye...so you think you can love me and leave me to die-EEEE...
Jack Black is always cool, funny guy, knows how to rock, and a great showman on stage.
Jack and Kyle make some killer guitar riffage, some great stuff in Pick of Destiny \m/

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Jack Black's one of those guys who can do a lot of things, he's quite talented and very cool. One of the few out there who aren't on cloud nineteen thinking their shiiite don't stink.

Rahul Singh

my friend's half-sister got paid $15514 past week. she gets paid on the laptop and bought a $552500 condo. All she did was get blessed and try the information uncovered on this site LazyPay7.com

Will

I was there and the show was absolutely killer, and that was before the Jack Black/Tenacious D cameo. So much fun. Running into Jack during the show and seeing this was just icing on the cake.

Grace

Will you do the fandango......great song. Love Freddie Mercury.

Jeebs

The Protomen put on one of the best shows you could ever see. I've seen them once. ONCE. and I miss it. Singing his own material is fantastic, and his Freddie Mercury stuff is unbelievable.

Oh, and Tenacious D.

Me

Went to Jr High School with Jack. He is today, who he was back then. Except he was a little guy. But everyone loved jack. Because of that, whenever one of us didnt have money for their morning bagel, we'd ask Jack to go bum 50 cents for us. He'd always come back with 1.00. LOL. His first gig was a "Pitfall Harry" commercial. He was so embarrased, cause everyone would ask him to do the pitfall harry schpeel. Anyway. Still love the guy today.

JJstryyker

Great Video
My girlfriend ViKKi and I love Jacks stuff. This is a great video and lots of fun. The audience really gets into motion, and how can they not... I wish we were there for that event. It's one of those once in a life time happenings

JJ

RVA_hooligan

They are not a cover band... They are band based out of Nashville called The Protomen. They do rock operas based on the Mega Man video game series and they ****in' rock. Hard. December 10, 2010 they did a show playing only Queen songs. They released the live album in June. It rocks really hard. They've played a couple of shows with Tenacious D and will do so again on July 5th. Again. Not a cover band.

fred

I can see Jack thinking the same thing I was. Why was he invited out there if the other guy didn't want him to sing? What a WASTE. I wanted to hear Jack!!

Kyle

They are not a Queen cover band - they just released an album of Queen covers - they're more known as being a concept-rock band surrounding the Mega Man story-line - they do quite a lot of other covers at their shows too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments