Puddle of Mudd Singer

Seals Divorce

With a Smiley Face

7/1/2012 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0629_puddle_mudd
Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin was so happy to finally end his marriage ... he signed the divorce docs with not one, but TWO smiley faces!

TMZ has learned ... Wes' 4-year marriage to a hot blond chick named Jessica is one step closer to being terminated ... with the rocker agreeing to fork over $2,500 per month in alimony.

Jessica originally wanted the court to toss out their pre-nup so she could reap half of Scantlin's fortune ... but she ultimately withdrew her request after the two sides came to an agreement about how they will divide the assets.

Obviously Wes was happy with the outcome -- as evidenced by the smiley faces.

Jessica's lawyer, Brian Kramer, tells TMZ, "It’s most definitely the first time in all my years of doing this work that I’ve have had an opposing party sign with a smiley face on a divorce decree imposing maximum spousal support.

He adds, "It’s certainly a refreshing change to see an artist who is cheerful about honoring such an obligation instead of treating it like it were the end of the world."

PG

He looks like my ABUSIVE ex-boyfriend.

JWolf

Probably just happy to be rid of her more than happy to pay the support. I felt the same way when I signed my divorce papers. Happiest day of my life thus far!

Michael

The guy is SMILING :) all the way to the BANK! This bitch could have gotten 100's of $1000's of dollars if the pre-nup wasn't iron clad! Now he only has to pay her $2500/month instead which is CHUMP CHANGE to this guy. I probably make 10x less...was married for 5 years...and I am paying over $4000/month PLUS the Lexus payment for 6 months. Pre-nup is the way to find out if a woman "really loves you"! On this one= MAN 1 WOMAN $0 or close to it. She got what she agreed to and still didn't deserve anything either way! :)

O_o

$2500/mo is nothin. no wonder he's smilin. idiot stamp.

JoeY AliZio Jr

I WiLL TakE..
ThaT WomaN Off Of YouR HanDS!..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2