Katie Holmes

My Marriage to Tom

Was Kaput in 2011

7/2/2012 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_katie_holmes_tom_cruise_articleTMZ has learned ... Katie Holmes says her marriage to Tom Cruise was "irretrievably" broken at least 6 months prior to her filing for divorce ... this according to divorce documents filed in New York.

Sources connected to Tom tell TMZ ... Katie's contention is baffling, because he had "no idea" she was about to file for divorce. As the sources told us last week, Tom was "blindsided" by the filing.

Indeed, take a look at the pic (below) of Tom and Katie strolling the streets of Iceland hand-in-hand a little more than 2 weeks ago.

But wait ... there's more.

0702_katie_holmes_tom_cruise_iceland_splashWe've also learned ... Katie claims in her divorce documents that both she and Tom have been residents of New York for "at least 2 years." Katie, who filed in NYC, must establish legal residency in NY in order for the court to have jurisdiction -- something she wants because New York courts are more likely to grant sole custody of Suri.

No doubt ... Tom -- who shared a home with Katie in Beverly Hills for years -- will fight the residency claim tooth and nail.

0702_katie_tom_before_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

daisyrae

She hasn't had that **SPARKLE** in her eyes in a long time... she looks miserable and so does he...he hasn't jumped on any couches recently!!!!

Jolene

Look at the pic of the two "holding hands" she looks like she is about ready to barf up her spleen. Does not look happy at all.

Angela Telenko

I never cared for Tom Cruize especially after what he did to Nicole Kidman.....But Kate (Katie - whatever name she prefers) is not stupid and/or totally ignorant - or is she? re: Scientology or anything else???. She knew exactly what she was getting into before she said "yes - I'll marry you" knowing the entire time that Tom was into Scientology - which is totally absurd (in my opinion) Just tell or show me where it is found in the Bible??? To wrap it up - Kate wanted to get richer, have a famous husband, etc. Yet, sadly enough, a pure and totalally innocent child was born, & yes, GOD can give anyone or anything else in a mere second but, GOD can also take things or anyone away from us in a mere second as well.

Angela Telenko

Krystle

I commend her for getting out and doing it in secret! He has been so controlling. Anybody see the picture of her looking out the window on their wedding day? She looks miserable. Like she knows she shouldnt be doing it but she has to.

anitaakensolor

My boyfriend and I were in love for 3 and half years and we lived together almost 2 and half year. He used to care me more than his own life. He used to love me and take care of me like a baby. Then suddenly he started to act wired since january and broke up with me in two week back saying he has a new girl friend. But again he started to come back to me 6 days but But finally on the 7 day I figured out he was sleeping with that girl and me at the same time. That girl is known as a very bad girl and my boy friend knows that but still he is with her. That's little unusual for him. It almost feels like someone did something to him. Then I met prophetharry@ymail.com on internet and I told him everything. First he asked me for my boyfriend photograph then he advised me some remedies and with in 4 days my boyfriend come back to me and first time he said sorry to me. I am very happy now
anita