Katie Holmes

My Marriage to Tom

Was Kaput in 2011

7/2/2012 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_katie_holmes_tom_cruise_articleTMZ has learned ... Katie Holmes says her marriage to Tom Cruise was "irretrievably" broken at least 6 months prior to her filing for divorce ... this according to divorce documents filed in New York.

Sources connected to Tom tell TMZ ... Katie's contention is baffling, because he had "no idea" she was about to file for divorce. As the sources told us last week, Tom was "blindsided" by the filing.

Indeed, take a look at the pic (below) of Tom and Katie strolling the streets of Iceland hand-in-hand a little more than 2 weeks ago.

But wait ... there's more.

0702_katie_holmes_tom_cruise_iceland_splashWe've also learned ... Katie claims in her divorce documents that both she and Tom have been residents of New York for "at least 2 years." Katie, who filed in NYC, must establish legal residency in NY in order for the court to have jurisdiction -- something she wants because New York courts are more likely to grant sole custody of Suri.

No doubt ... Tom -- who shared a home with Katie in Beverly Hills for years -- will fight the residency claim tooth and nail.

0702_katie_tom_before_footer

hmmmm

she was showing tatta's in B movies when he found her. by now, we woulda seen twaat and moronic Lindsay Lohan behaviour.

damm you Tom, you evil dude.

TJ

Old story, young girl marries rich, powerful older man, provides the heir he desires, files for divorce and walks away with millions of dollars. She knows exactly what she is doing! Rich people playing the game- giving them way too much attention- or who really cares !

stephanie mosley

Isn't that what Nicole Kidman said when Tom Cruise filed divorce from her? That she thought everything was fine.

u iz a cutiepie

hmmmm
Joined:
34 minutes ago

Run Katie, Runnn!!! I see Tom turning very vindictive.......

phil

In all these pics we see, Kate does NOT look happy, and shes usually being led (by TOM). This marriage was doomed from the day Tom jumped up and down on Oprahs couch. I dont care for Oprah, but even she commented she didnt believe their love. A comment which cost her an invitation to Tom & Kates royal wedding. I think Toms weddings seem like a sham anyway, a business deal...He will find another bride as soon as he divorce.

Dreamtime

My faith in humanity has taken a dive in the last couple days. The reports about Tom and Katie's divorce has really brought out the hate that is in people. It's amazing to me how you bloggers are so cynical, so critical, so arrogant in your comments -- like you really know what has been going on in Tom and Katie’s lives. Wow. I guess some people actually do believe all the junk they read in the press.

Kady Heron

What is scientology?
Saving Thousands of People Hundreds of Dollars a month. Join the club today. Just click -> http://www.saversclub.us

lalet

Maybe Tom was so controlling that he would have made her life a living hell if she had told him before she was ready to make the break.. she probably needed time to prepare.

Annmarie

Who will Tom's next "victim" be? Some young, impressionable girl without a clue.

craig gosling

She did something bumb and probably regretted it soon after. Apparently she had not read anything about Scientology except their propaganda. I always thought she was too smart to buy into one of the most ridiculous religions ever invented. Her fears for her daughter are probably well founded.

OldNorseBruin

5 YEAR SENTENCE in the SCIENTOLOGY GULAG completed; KATIE grabs kid and makes a break for it!!!

Aaron saxton

What a bunch of lies. I worked for the Sea Organization and recruited literally dozens of children for them between the ages of 12-16. I myself joined when I just turned 15 - and that's a fact.

Why doesn't someone follows the children of Sea Org member around and see what they do - they work usually in the Sea ROrg.

Telma

He should not have been surprised!
I wasn't...I am sure her contract is up.
She filed while he was out of the country...
he's mad because he has lost control. She
was smart.

AV

Jlo has been recruited by Tom Cruise, she has been seen with Tom at various events the last couple of years, she & Tom were on stage together on the 2010 MTV awards show, she also has stated that Tom his the God Father of her twin children, Jlo would sell her soul to the devil to get fame., if you don’t believed look at it up on the internet, that's were I got my information years ago. See links

aston

The only way for Tom Cruise to retain any respect at all is to not fight Katie Holmes. Scientology is an insane and ruthless cult. He was an idiot to ever enter it, and if he tries to bring his little daughter further into it exposing her to "audits" and other integrity-****tering experiences, it would be abuse. Seems his other two children have already been subject to it.

Katie knew he was a scientologist, but she could not have fathomed how much the cult would force its way into her and her child's everyday life. I root for her, and for once I'm glad the paps are around to see what's going on, at least when she's outside. Glad she filed, glad she changed her security.

I think Tom should leave the cult, let them spill the dirt they have on him, take the other two kids and move to New York and make a new life for himself and them. And leave primary custody to Katie. But I'm afraid he doesn't have the brains, courage or heart to grow up make the move.