Mel Gibson's Step-Mom

Wants Restraining Order

Mel's TERRORIZING Me!

7/2/2012 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_mel_gibson_01
Mel Gibson THREATENED his own 78-year-old step-mom ... SPIT IN HER FACE ... and sabotaged her marriage ... this according to legal docs filed by the woman and obtained by TMZ.

Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married Mel's father Hutton Gibson in 2001 -- has filed for a restraining order against Mel ... claiming he exploded on her several times and now she fears for her safety.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister Maura hate her guts ... because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they've been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various ailments.

In the docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, Joye describes several outbursts in detail:

October 2011 -- Mel screams at Joye because Joye does not approve of "experimental Ozone treatments" Hutton was undergoing for an undisclosed illness.

"Mel began yelling and saying, 'f*ck this and f*ck that' while leveling other extremely offensive language at me."

Joye claims Mel warned her "not to f*ck with [Hutton's] treatments in any way."

January 2012 -- While visiting Hutton in the hospital, Joye claims she said something that set Mel off ... and "Mel got up, looking wild and began yelling at me in a very loud and terrifying voice."

"Mel was so upset and screaming so fiercely that I could see his face turn red."

March 2012 -- Joye, along with Mel and his sister Maura, accompanied Hutton to Panama for stem cell treatment for his hip.

Mel was cooking food and offered some to Joye ... but she declined due to a stomach ache.

Joye claims, "Mel looked at me in disgust and said that I was insulting him by not eating. He then threatened that if I did not eat he would have me put outside."

May 2012 -- During a family meeting to discuss Hutton's health care, "Mel became incensed and began acting like a wild man."

Joye claims Mel began screaming right in her face ... noting, "He was so close that I could feel his spit hitting my face."

She claims Mel's eyes "looked as if they were bulging out of his head."

Joye claims she was paralyzed with fear and later vomited because of the incident.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister MUST have manipulated their ailing father into filing for divorce ... because Hutton is a devout Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce.  Plus, she claims Hutton recently penned her a love note claiming, "Our mutual love is permanent."

Joye claims Mel is even trying to force her out of her home ... because it's owned by a charity that Mel controls. Joye says she has no place else to go.

Joye wants a judge to block Mel from booting her from the home ... and prevent him from interfering with her attempts to communicate with her husband.

She also wants Mel to stay 100 yards away from her at all times.

Moments ago, a California judge decided, rather than issuing a temporary restraining order, to set the matter for a full hearing ... which has been scheduled for next month.

No immediate comment from Mel's rep.

reclusivewanker

It's already written in stone.A woman has claimed abuse.There is no defense,it's a fact,everyone knows if a woman claims abuse,there is no defense if your a man your guilty.get ready to pay and pay big.I sat there a college class and listened to the female instructor spell out why all men are subhuman barely able to function as human.walking talking pooping imbeciles.

parlayer

if mel did it, bitch had it coming. I feel that way about my dad, so i don't see him, simple. "You can't even spit correctly" thanks dad.

dfgy

This is someone who clearly is trying to make a
case built on Mel Gibson name and becasue of his
anger in the pass it will most likely be the nail on the head for him wether he is innocent of what she is saying most it is my experience there are two sides to every story. and of course they don't
say what her part is in all this, But I guess the tabloids will keep us informed

Fat Mike

Mel Gibson's stepmother should hook up with Tom Cruise. They are both nutjobs of the highest order

Cujeaux

As predicted by 2is and myself, Gibby did the 'preemptive strike' using TMZ (of all places) to launch it a month ago. He knew his sh*t was going to come back to hit him in the face - and here it is.

I see that flock has joined forces - this time to attack a little old lady. Already spitting venom before you know the facts. I'm sure she will be the next target of your rage because unbeknownst to you - you're all just like Gibby. You all lack impulse control and reasoning skills.

I know what's got your dander up. Another fact finding hearing is scheduled for Gibby. This is far more serious than issuing a restraining order flock. Gibby's temper has opened a whole new can of worms for him. Setting his father up in a house paid for by his charity? Bad move. As 2Is uncovered and we both predicted - he's mismanaging the charity funds. Makes you wonder what other things they're going to.

I bet the ozone therapy entailed going into a chamber similar to an MRI. I bet Gibby told Pappy not to be a p*ssy and get into it. The stem cell therapy was probably in a different country, which may have scared both Pappy and TJ. But Gibby knows whats best - even though he probably spent little time with Pappy during the time TJ was taking care of him.

As I predicted, TJ has come out and said Gibby is behind the divorce filing and is trying to cut off communication between her and Pappy, and is trying to throw her out of her home WHICH DOESN'T BELONG TO HIM. I'm sure the judge will have to delve into this matter, as it is probably unprecedented. TEE HEE!

Glad that the ink has dried on Ez's book as I'm sure his family will be called to testify at some point. Gibby might be facing an elder abuse lawsuit. We'll see if all of these 'experimental treatments' were really for Pappy's benefit.

Tellthetruth59

Cug - do you honestly think anyone tells Hutton what to do? Honestly? Don't think so. You were wrong. Gibson was supplying the cash and housing. Just as I suspected.

sscorpio952

Mel has a past of bad behavior. Hey Mel, Charlie Sheens therapist is trying to get hold of you!!!! lol

IceGypsy

If I recall this is the same woman that has been abusive to his father as well. The whole "Wicked Stepmother" stereotype seems to fit her well.

Bubba

Unless this women has some proof Mel has any kind of temper, I just can't believe her lies! And no way would sweet lovable Mel EVER raise his voice to a women. Anyway, just got back from a deserted island, now gota go check my Enron stock!

ALICE

I USED TO LIVE CLOSE TO THIS MAN WHEN HE LIVED IN CENTRAL FLORIDA AND HE IS A VERBALLY ABUSIVE MAN TO BE SURE. GOT A MOUTH LIKE A SEWER.

Nadiadamit

yea and no one gives a sh*t what u think either .. last response u get from me anywhere because u don't deserve the attention u seek. positive or negative. but negative does the job doesn't it? u really don't exist any more in my eyes.. u should just say "first" like the rest.. it makes u look smarter.

Karen

Withhold judgement...This woman has been hit with an elder abuse accusation, which caused the divorce (BTW: it's also a TMZ article!)

Cujeaux

KKG

So, where is her family in all of this? Why is she being left dependant upon the charity of people who she claims 'hate her guts'? And if she has nowhere else to go, why did Hutton Gibson file for spousal support? And what was Mel Gibson cooking that gave her the owie tummy? Is he really that bad a cook?
And what about the love note Hutton Gibson wrote Teddy Joye Gibson? Do you think they have a 'rear' love too? Probably not. He doesn't strike me as the romantic type. "Our mutual love is permanent." Like a marker. Or a stain. Or my school record. Sigh. Those were the days.

Kathleen
----------------------------------------------------

You know what I find interesting about you Ms Kathleen? You chastise others for not showing a reverence towards their elders (Ms Kelly82) yet you show no respect for the elderly. In this case one who has been bullied and beaten down in her twilight years, while grieving for her dying husband.

You are a bully just like Giblitz because you consistently side with one - no matter what he does. Any fool can see this guy has a pattern. He's stupid enough to admit to it himself. He did so with Deputy Mee, Ez, Ox and I'm sure there are others. It's sad to see how far gone you are when it comes to defending an abuser. Have you done it on other occasions?

fran

It seems all anyone has to do these days is yell and whine.."Mel yelled at me" and TMZ blows it all out of proportion. I read a while back that Mel and the family were upset with his dad's wife because she wanted him off all his meds, they thought she was trying to kill him. Thats when the family stepped in...I think she is lying..and Mel has to take the rap once again for some idiot who cant afford their lifestyle and hope Mel has to pay for it..

craig

Mel,if your reading...I hope your racist father gets plunger fuqed by a black jewish lesbian