Katie Holmes

Laughs Off Divorce

7/4/2012 9:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0704_suri_cruise_katie_holmes_splash_launchKatie Holmes is officially happy -- at least that's the way it appeared in NYC yesterday, when the actress dropped by an ice cream parlor with her daughter Suri ... and finally had a good laugh.

It's the first time Katie's smiled that big since she filed for divorce last week. In fact, it's the first time we've seen her smile that big in a while.

Of course, Katie and Suri weren't alone -- they stopped by the East Village ice cream shop with some friends. Oh yeah, and 4 hulking bodyguards.

Talk about flavor of the month.

Stefan

What a bunch of pseudo superrace douche bags, these Scientologists are... and TMZ set's such a misleading headline... very sad!

Sally

Good for her - hope she wins everything on her terms.

ohreally

I keep forgetting that Tom is only like 5'7. Hollywood really makes you believe people are bigger than life.

nisiek

yeah, she will be fine, freedom from a controlling b a s t a r d is hard enough, but when a cult is attached to that is even harder, she will single-handedly bring that creepy man and his creepy cult down, Katie is no dummy, and I think both Tom and his cult are quite surprised, you go girl!!! P.S., most men are unfortunately controlling, when I broke free in the past it is like you are born again, I know that feeling, it is paradise, just talk to anyone male or female who has done it, it wasn't love tho just high paid bearding!

Pimpcessa

I wonder when Tom will come to the realization that these relationships he's in and out of, end because of that crazy religion. When will he wake up and see that what they do is just not normal? He will end up one lonely man.

erinnyc

Check out dlisted for even more salacious details. Go Katie.

nipples mugee

She's excited because I'm coming thru the door to meet her for lunch..

writenow

Oh my....see the latest with Katie Holmes' attorneys sneaky filings.

TheRedPill

This study examines the confinement programs and camps that Scientology operates as supposedly rehabilitative facilities for "deviant" members of its "elite" Sea Organization. These programs, known collectively as the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF), put coerced participants through regimes of harsh physical punishment, forced self-confessions, social isolation, hard labour, and intense doctrinal study, all as part of leadership-designed efforts to regain members' ideological commitment. The confinement that participants experience, combined with forms of physical maltreatment, intensive ideological study, and forced confessions, allows social scientists to speak of the RPF as a "brainwashing" program.

Stephen A. Kent (Ph.D.)
Professor--Department of Sociology
University of Alberta
December 3, 1997 (2nd Draft)

Mikey

I'm sorry but that photo indicates to me that she's been driven insane but whatever the hell has been going on behind the walls of science fictionville. Someone please help this women and get her to a hospital pronto.

Ravishing

Check out this fantastic expose by the award winning do***entary series The Passionate Eye...it's 2 part do***entary on Scientology is definately worth the watch!!

Jillian

Ahhhh, happiness is Katie's best revenge! Keep smiling girl. Congratulations! We are all pulling for you and Suri!

Grahf

I'm Getting Really tired of TMZ's Overblown headlines and Assumptions.

Mikey

I bet Suri grows up and rejects scientology and then starts a religion based on Harry Potter.

JK-TX

I cannot wait until Trey Parker and Matt Stone do their sequel to "Trapped in the Closet". I am sure it will side-splitting hilarious.