Meat Loaf

Sues Impersonator --

Stop Stealing My Website!

7/4/2012 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0704_meat_loaf_getty
Meat Loaf
is going after a well-known Meat Loaf impersonator like a bat out of hell -- claiming the tribute singer is a filthy cyber-squatter ... hijacking the website MeatLoaf.org ... and refusing to hand it over.

Meat Loaf -- real name Michael Aday -- filed the lawsuit against Dean Torkington in federal court, claiming Torkington registered MeatLoaf.org in "bad faith," and has since exploited the domain name to mislead and confuse Meat Loaf fans into thinking he's the real singer.

0704_meat_loaf_dean_torkingtonTorkington uses the website to promote his act -- called "To Hell and Back: A Tribute to Meat Loaf."

Meat Loaf claims Torkington -- who's based in the UK -- has no right to own or use the domain name, and is currently breaking the law by cybersquatting ... in violation of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.

Meat Loaf wants Torkington to shut down his website and hand over the domain. He also wants $100,000 in damages.

Calls to Torkington were not returned.

Ryan

Sorry Meat Loaf.. He purchased the domain. Get a life! I heard you sound like junk these days anyway.

As long as he is not blackmailing you by posting derogatory comments about you, then this lawsuit is frivolous. A huge waste of tax payers dollars.

DaveT

...and I would do any...thing...for lo-huv...I'd run right into hell and back...I would do any...thing...for love...but I...won't...do...that...

Aussie

Based on MeatLoaf's performance at an Australian sporting event, I'd say the impersonator would do a much better job than a pretentious overweight has-been.

dean torkington

i have had the loaf on my back moaning about my original album The Bat Strikes Back, it got 8 star review in Classic Rock Magazine and he didnt like that. Tried to pull my videos off youtube, complained about my tour bus, dragged me backstage at one of his shows and read me the riot act, he even threatened the songwriter jim steinman with a 27 million dollar lawsuit because he wanted to call an album bat out of hell 3 even though jim hadnt written it, put me in good company, lost all respect for him many years ago! he has made me an offer for it but its a pittance! told him no!

parlayer

probably somebody you snitched off!! with a body like that "Your meats been loafing, quite awhile" you reap what you sow.

KG

This is downright stupid. He has the right to use this website because Meatloaf did not register the domain name first. Don't see what the problem is either, seeing as Dean is not trying to be the "new" Meatloaf, he's a tribute act! In all honesty Meatloaf should be flattered and not trying to get money out of him.

Jim

Check out the website - he's definitely better than Meatloaf

WarioLoaf

Dean Tarkington is a jackass. He trolls other tribute bands, creating accounts on youtube just to troll and dislike everything not him. He trolled MLUKFC, and has trolled my videos in the past. Hes stuck up, and egotistical. He even stole Meats logo and plastered it all over his show, and he totally thinks hes the real meat loaf in his own head. To quote him on one of my videos before I deleted the comment: "I can sing better this piece of trash anyday of the week. Im more Meat Loaf then the real thing!" go for it meat. send his (now not so fat) ass to the unemployment office. Meat has no problems with tribute bands. Just this one is an exception. Hes taking his logo (a big no-no), confusing potential ticket holders, and slandering his name. Dean is also an accused wife abuser. Meat is taking the right steps in shutting him down every comment below is Dean Torkington trolling, just as expected.

DaveT

Looks like a cross between Meatloaf and Ozzy Osbourne, like he's about to yell..."Sharoooon!"

WarioLoaf

Dean Tarkington is a jackass. He trolls other tribute bands, creating accounts on youtube just to troll and dislike everything not him. He trolled MLUKFC, and has trolled my videos in the past. Hes stuck up, and egotistical. He even stole Meats logo and plastered it all over his show, and he totally thinks hes teh real meat loaf in his own head. To quote him on one of my videos before I deleted the comment: "I can sing better this piece of trash anyday of the week. Im more Meat Loaf then the real thing!" go for it meat. send his (now not so fat) ass to the unemployment office. Meat has no problems with tribute bands. Just this one is an exception. Hes taking his logo (a big no-no), confusing potential ticket holders, and slandering his name. Dean is also an accused wife abuser. Meat is taking the right steps in shutting him down. Every comment below is probably Torkington trolling again. typical. Give Him Hell Meat!

WarioLoaf

Dean Tarkington is a jackass. He trolls other tribute bands, creating accounts on youtube just to troll and dislike everything not him. He trolled MLUKFC, and has trolled my videos in the past. Hes stuck up, and egotistical. He even stole Meats logo and plastered it all over his show, and he totally thinks hes teh real meat loaf in his own head. To quote him on one of my videos before I deleted the comment: "I can sing better this piece of trash anyday of the week. Im more Meat Loaf then the real thing!" go for it meat. send his (now not so fat) ass to the unemployment office. Meat has no problems with tribute bands. Just this one is an exception. Hes taking his logo (a big no-no), confusing potential ticket holders, and slandering his name. Dean is also an accused wife abuser. Meat is taking the right steps in shutting him down. HE IS A TROLL. GIVE HIM HELL MEAT!

Smurf

Dean Torkington is a mild mannered man who can get a little excited to say the least when upset. Mr Aday knew about Dean’s tribute act for years. Invited him back stage when ontour..knew about the website years ago and now suddenly he wants the domaine…why?

Mr. Aday you should be ashamed of yourself. Look at the site.. You should be honoured that this man keeps your fan base going here in the UK. People had forgotten about you until they attended a tribute gig performed by Mr T. I know of several 16 year olds recently who went out to buy your music after hearing Mr. Torkington.

Could it be that you have heard of Mr. Dean Torkington touring with the National Symphony Orchestra?

Smurf

MeatLoaf has been vindictive to this guy for years. He knew about Dean and invited him back stage at one possibly two gigs in the past. Dean adored Meat when he set out to tribute him.
MeatLoaf turned cold for reasons unknown. Although, I have an idea...his vocals are better.

agita

The thing is, TMZ, when you make such a basic error as getting someone's name wrong, it makes you look sloppy. When you fail to correct it, even after it's been pointed out several times, it calls into question the credibility of everything else you post/write. I know you aren't journalists, but you're still beholden to the most basic sort of online standards. Sheeeesh. I seriously wonder about everything else I read here when I come across stupidity like this.

Smurf

Sounds an awful lot like kids in the playground. Isn't the world full of negative people already.

There are more important issues to discuss and debate that Mr. Aday's 'I WANT' rave.

Look around you Mr. Aday take a leaf out of many star's book and concentrate on good causes..

This is tedious now.. off to find more pressing issues.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments