Tom Cruise

Katie is Using Suri as a Weapon

7/5/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0704_tmz_tom_cruise_suri_katie_holmes
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have cut off all contact with each other, and her people are making it difficult for Tom to have contact with his daughter ... sources very familiar with the situation tell TMZ.

Although Tom now has "absolutely no contact with Katie," his people are negotiating/bickering with Katie's people over when and how Tom can talk to Suri. We're told Tom does speak with his daughter by phone at least once a day, but sources connected with Tom say it hasn't been easy.

We're told when Tom's on the phone with Suri, there is one place he has not gone ... he has NOT discussed the breakup of his marriage with his daughter.

As for when Tom will attempt to see Suri ... sources say it's not going to happen for awhile. We're told Tom was in L.A. for the 4th but he's leaving before the weekend to shoot his new movie in the Rockies.

Our sources say things are "really bitter now" between Tom and Katie. He feels betrayed by her and thinks she is using Suri as a weapon.

And you don't need sources to know one thing -- if he's blocked from seeing Suri, his lawyers will make a beeline for court.

Marlow

hahahaha...payback is a bitch Tom

janet

@whynot...Cruise is Scientologys cash cow. They don't want to loose that money. Your right he probally is being followed. Nothing would surprise me with this sick cult. I wouldn't put anything pass them.

I think some people are missing the point. Holmes is not trying to keep Suri from Cruise just from Scientology sadly, Cruise/Scientology goes hand and hand. She doesn't trust Cruise or Scientology.

If she can be assured that Cruise won't shove this Scientology cult crap down their daughters throat things could be different. She is trying to keep Scientology from her daughter. Rightfully so.

steve

Hey Tom! Go Jump On A Couch On Your Sea Org!!

Truth

Big deal. It sounds just like any divorce where kids are involved.

Tammy

This shoud be interesteing. As a scientolgist, you are supposed to cut ties with all those who are not scientologists or support the cult. Hence, when Katie pulls Suri from scientology, by the rules of his own cult, Tom is supposed to cut all ties with his daughter. After all, he cut all ties with Nicole and the kids they adopted cut all ties with her when she left the cult.

WandaP

He is not making contact, because he can whine and say she is keeping me from seeing her!! BS Tom, who has been caring for that little girl, since she was born.. Let's be clear, I am sure Tom was not honest about scientology, every thing is so hus hush. John Kelly said nothing about their handicapped son??? It's like if your not perfect, your forced to change , or be hidden from the world.. Pathetic parenting. Accept and love gods gifts,and learn from those gifts. We only see the on side of Tom, I would love to see the other side of Tom, like we saw on that morning show with Matt?? Hmmm... Food for thought!

Truth

I laugh at those that just believe any nonsense they come up with in the TMZ cubicles to post about this. Tell us some more about the eeeevil Scientology types coming to brainwash the kid.

Kevin

Holmes is looking more like the bad guy in this battle the more this story unravels.

steve

Someone made a comment that people that worked with Tom Cruise never had a problem with him.
I say the BTK killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy never had problems with people they worked with either. There are two sides to every story, and then the truth comes out! You people on the Tom Cruise band wagon...look at cult religions and their leaders. Jim Jones comes to mind...people believed he was such a nice person too!
Katie lived with Tom. His co-workers never worked with him. They saw a different side to him than Katie did, obviously!

average jane

That's kind of screwed up. I'm not Team Tom or Team Katie, but really, that's his kid too. She knew he was a big time Scientologist when she had sex with him and knew there was a chance she could get pregnant, so why the big shocker now that he wants their kid to be a scientologist?? Yeah, Scientologists are whacked but she knew that when she married him. She went right along with it and now she is pulling the plug from him seeing THEIR kid right now . Come on...

janet

Of course Cruise will pull how he wasn't able to see his daughter and spin if off on Katie.

Yeah I remember him making a fool out of himself with Matt Lauer blasting the crap out of Brook Shields for her post partum depression and taking medication for it. How everyone is stupid except him and Scientology and they have all the right answers and no one has a clue and Lauer has no clue what he's talking about. Lauer just looked at him like he's a friggin moron.

Tammy

I really don't think Kaiti has a problen with Tom spending time with Suri. I think she simply doesn't want that time spent to involve scientolgy. Of course, I see Tom not being able to keep scientology out of his relationship with his daughter. At the end of the day, parents are suppsed to protect their children and I think Katie truly believes Suri needs to be protected from the cult of scientology.

trueclasss5

I don't feel sorry for her at all! She knew what she was getting into when deciding on marrying this guy. This was a marriage contract and after 5 years she decided not to renew. Also I don't think Tom Cruise is the biological father of Suri. I think this will come out.

trueclasss5

I also think Katie got paid to marry Tom Cruise so she doesn't need to get money from him in the divorce. There were 2 other actresses who were in the running to be his wife at the time he was looking. The other ran so far away and Katie accepted. She was never a great actress but she was paid well to be with Tom for the public view.

janet

@Tammy...I also agree, I also think thats the crux of this whole thing, I don't think she can trust Cruise at this point to keep Scientology away from Suri. Until she can she will fight all she can to protect her daughter.

How can Cruise not see this other then the obvious. If he cares so much for his daughter this shouldn't be a problem. Cruise is simply putting the cult before his daughter. The cult comes before anything else.