Justin Bieber

L.A. Councilman Says

Arrest His Ass!

7/6/2012 1:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706_justin_biebr_pulled_over_article
Justin Bieber
just got cited for speeding on the freeway, and the witness who called 911 -- who happens to be an L.A. City Councilman -- tells TMZ, Bieber should have been cuffed, locked up, and stripped of his driving privileges.

L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine -- who ironically was an LAPD motor officer for 18 years -- was on the 101 Freeway when he saw Justin in his chrome Fisker Karma roaring down the freeway at speeds that Zine says exceeded 100 mph.

Zine tells us ... Bieber was trying to shake a team of paparazzi (NOT TMZ) that was on his tail.

Zine says, "Bieber was driving like a maniac. He was weaving in and out of traffic. There was hardly any space between cars as he weaved from lane to lane."

Zine says, "If I was on patrol, I would have arrested him for reckless driving. I was going 60 and he drove by me like he was in a rocket ship. He was a maniac." Zine called in to "TMZ Live" moments ago to explain exactly why he thinks Bieber belongs behind bars.

070612_zine_tmzlive_v2_launchZine also says the paparazzi were incredibly irresponsible, driving on the shoulder of the freeway and causing an extreme hazard. After he was pulled over, at least 4 paps were swarming Bieb's car.

070612_bieber_ticket_v2_launchBieber's manager, Scooter Braun, tells TMZ, Zine "is just a councilman looking for a headline."  Braun says Justin was cited for going 80 mph and he was being chased by the paparazzi. Braun adds a short time after getting ticketed, the paparazzi resumed their pursuit and Justin called 911.

Law enforcement sources tell us, after Bieber called 911, police caught up to his car and pulled him over again ... along with the paparazzi following him. We're told the cops warned the paparazzi to behave themselves, and everyone was sent on their way.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the CHP is investigating the paparazzi for creating a hazardous situation.

Chris

Only a total doucebag would drive a totally douchebaggy car like that.

Jen Sixx

he should've been arrested. if that was ME driving around like that, I would've been arrested. so cuff his ass and take him on to jail.

Todd

wow that is one ugly ass car.

Donald Ray

#171, you say it wasn't the paps foot on the gas pedal, REALLY? So who was chasing JB, ghosts? The paps need to be held ACCOUNTABLE for CAUSING these types of scenes, you NEVER hear of celebs chasing paps, they have BETTER things to do with their lives.

Donald Ray

One thing for SURE, it wasn't JB doing the chasing, it's ALWAYS the paps and if they cause an accident with that **** and someone dies, it's THEIR fault. It's like cops chasing people and causing fatal crashes, is it the fault of the person being chased? Lots of people envy these celeb, and say "it comes with the territory", WHY? I don't care how BIG you are, why is it RIGHT for someone to harass you and your family out having dinner?

Throwback kid

Justin Bieber is quickly becoming a pretentious, annoying, spoiled rotten punk. He spends every second of his life trying to get as much attention as he can, does anyone actually believe he wants to be left alone?. There is only one reason this tool rides around LA in a custon chrome car, and that's to get as much attention as he can. He is lucky he dropped out of school years ago, if this small skinny wimp went to real high school, guys would be lining up to smack that silly smirk off his face

awal1

Maybe if he drove an explorer instead of a freaking chrome sportscar the paparazzi would have a harder time finding him on the crowded LA freeways.

Donald Ray

#175, what if it were you CHASING somebody, ANYBODY on the freeway at reckless speeds, should YOU go to jail, or would it be ok, because you were 'doing your job'?

Curtis

I don't understand some of these stars. Why go into the business if you don't want to be followed. They are all smiles when the new record comes out but when some one wants to snap a picture of them they have a fit.

The pap. makes their living snapping photos of these people. Why not just stop and take a picture. If he doesn't want to be noticed he should live in an area where he won't be noticed and drive a more modest car.

I don't blame the media at all. I remember when princess Diana was running away from the media. If she stopped and took a picture she would still be alive.

I personally think the distribution of wealth in this country is so off centered. it would take me a life time of salary to afford a car like that. If I had the money for that car and its because of the medias attention I would be smiling for every camera all the way to the bank.

I think Councilman Zine absolutely did the right for calling the police. What if someone was killed because of his recklessness. Justine could have called the police if he felt threatened. I sounds like he is too young to be driving cars like that. throw him in jail hopefully he will learn a lesson.

Quinn69

throw his ass in jail! he has now talent!!!
i hate it when celebs get away with stupid ****!

Darius

My first question to Councilman Zine: "What kind of car were you driving when you saw this car "rocket" by?" To owners of a Yugo, all cars will be "rocketing" by.
2nd question: "Do you renet all people who owns fast and flashy and expensive cars?"
3rd question: "Were you a "wad-your-car-boy" when you were young?"

Neyney0765

He's a little spoiled brat that got fame to fast and thinks he's Mr. Big Hollywood now. He is asking for attention driving around in a car like that. Now he's going to whine ohhh the pap are after me!! Puhlease cut me a break. Even my 13 yr old can't stand him! I find him nothing but a rude little punk and still can not figure out wtf Selena Gomez sees in this kid!

Donald Ray

#183, so let me understand this, if you were a pro athelete making millions, does THAT mean your family should not have the right to watch you play without being cursed at, spat on and ****? That means as long as I pay for my ticket, I have the RIGHT to throw **** at you and say whatever, because YOU are a celeb? You say, "just stop and take a pic", do you HONESTLY think those HEATHENS are gonna' stop at ONE pic and say "tank you"? hell no. I guess you wouldn't mind going out in public with your kids and have them SWARMED by those ROACHES. Nah, it's just a price you pay for having those kids, I guess. I'll BET, if you were a celeb, your WHOLE chain of thought would be different.

nof

Chased by the Paps and relevant.

As Eminem often sez:

"Not me, ni**a."

nof

Irony being this is what The-Beav wanted -

When he got his own start @ YouTube.

Like a Prof said to me back-then:

"Be careful what you ask for..."