Katie Holmes

Tom Treated Me

Like a Robot

7/6/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0705_katie_tom_tmz
Tom Cruise controlled Katie Holmes like a puppetmaster ... making every major and even minor decision in her personal and professional life ... and in the end, she felt like she couldn't breathe without his permission ... this according to sources close to the actress.

Movie studio-connected sources tell us Tom executed an "Art Kill" way back when Katie was doing "Thank You for Smoking" in 2005 ... when the 2 first started dating.

Sources tell us Tom instructed producers to "kill" any promotional photos which showed Katie and Aaron Eckhart engaged in kissing or "anything else compromising."

We're told Tom also imposed his will during "Batman Begins" ... prohibiting Katie from flying with the rest of the cast. Instead, Katie would only travel on Tom's private jet. One source tells us Morgan Freeman was "disgusted" by the situation. On the other side, however, one source scoffed and said, "Wow, Tom offered her his private jet. How terrible for Katie."

Ultimately, our Katie sources say she grew sick and tired of playing Pinocchio to Tom's Geppetto ... and decided it was time to cut the strings.

Morgan Freeman tells us, claims he was "disgusted" by Tom and Katie's situation are "BS."

0629_tom_katie_footer

Manimal

Like A Robot...how did Aqua know this?

GLO

I didn't even know Katie Holmes was in Thank You for Smoking. I thought it was a low budget do***entary because I never saw any promotion of the film at all. Now I'll look for it at the video store.

Pete

Katie, RUN ASAP!!!
WHAT HAPPEN TO TOM CRUISE? HE HAS LOST IT!!
HE USED TO LOOK GREAT AND HIS MOVIES NOW SUCK!

soapstix

I really, seriously, hope Katie is careful what she does. I do not trust anyone who expounds upon their "rightness" at every turn of events, or interview.. The last interview I saw with Tom Cruise talking about himself and his beloved cult made me wonder how any woman could live with that mess. Now, it appears Nicole couldn't take it and neither can Katie. The sorrowful thing is that the children involved, have been or will be indoctrinated into this cult if Tom Cruise has anything to say about it. Aside from that, because Tom is so high up on the rung of this thing called Scientology, I think Katie's life could also be in danger. LRH was a liar, braggart and so it Tom Cruise. I cannot believe the number of people taken in by this cult.
One last thing. Where I live, Katie would already have been in court for an emergency custody hearing. As things stand, nobody had custody of Suri.

Dee

When you've been in a relationship very similar to what Katie has experienced you can relate very well to what she may have endured. Over the years I've watched her expressions in the many photos and have always felt that she was in a controlling relationship with Tom and not very happy about it. Some men think that is the way you love by total control.....unfortunately, they don't get it and may not until its too late....All I know is I can relate to what she has endured as I too was in a marriage where my spouse was wealthy and extremely controlling....

Hfaxtor

I think we want to believe Tom Cruise is a great looking good guy, but time is telling a different story. What preception is and what really is can be two different things.

kyrani99

What she describes is bad but the really, realy bad robot creation is made like this http://kyrani99.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/the-tail-end-is-in-sight/ If you go down about half way down the post you'll see a pictorial summary of how a man controls his mother-in-law.. If you go to the home post you can pick the sequence up from the start.

This is the nuts and bolts of robotics and the victim doesn't realize what they are up against and at the same time is betrayed but also can't leave the relationship and doesn't know why.

Etten11

I hope she can escape safely! They will try to drive her crazy. She has to stay surrounded by her true loved ones for protection.

Bad Kitty No Milk Tonight

I still maintain the real truth is that she just got sick and tired of him having to stand on a box just to kiss her.

TAMMY

i look forward to being a oart of this site!!

L

You never really know someone until you live with them. Behind closed doors is when the crazy and abusive person comes out.

peaches

Tom Cruise seems to be a controlling nut job...

Oh A 💛💋

Ladys and gentlemen the truth is out !!! Now she just needs to tell how he locked her in a cage !!!

Me2003

i don't think this i entirely true, i thought Tom 'noticed' her in Batman....by then the movie was already made & promoted....???

DAvid

whoever is at tmz and wrote this article, put it up, or pays your bills: you have life or more in prison, this is irreversible, there will be 0 mercy for you s***, youère the kind of **** that shouldnèt be around in the second god damn place