Natalie Wood

Death Certificate Changed

"Undetermined"

7/7/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706_natalie_wood_accident_undetermined_article

Natalie Wood's death certificate has been changed from "Accident" to "Undetermined" ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the L.A. County Coroner filed documents making the change late last month.

Members of Wood's family tell TMZ ... detectives from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department -- which has reopened the death investigation -- paid them a visit earlier today informing them of the change. They tell us ... detectives told them the change was made in part because some of the bruises on Wood's body were inconsistent with death by drowning.

Family members add ... they were told at this point authorities can't prove definitively Wood's death was accidental or the result of foul play. Detectives did tell family members Wood's death was definitely from drowning, but the way she ended up in the water is unclear.

Wood died November 29, 1981 after an alcohol-fueled party on a boat off Catalina with Robert Wagner and Christopher Walken on board.

Law enforcement sources tell us their investigation is still active.

1118_natalie_wood_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

sweetp58

I have thought for years that Robert Wagner killed her. Only he knows the truth and on his day of reckoning he will rot forever in hell if he did do it.....and since he's so frickin old...the day's gettin mighty close Bobby...

maug

I say give Christopher Walkin a lie detector test

ann

I have never for a moment thought it was an accident... no sirrie bob

mary

just let it go. with alcahol she probably fell over. the people coming forward now probably just want to make money off of her death. mary

Sleepy

After an afternoon and evening of drinking and arguing Miss Wood prepares for bed. For some reason she comes back on deck and is shocked by what she sees. There may have been a scuffle. She makes it to the dingy for her own protection and we know the outcome. Three hours to summon help ?

debra

Natalie Wood's play in moive Sex and Singel Girl, in one of moive sence where she jump off A Boat Deck into water to save some one. From look of she can swinning the water.

BillyBurke

Is this the path to justice for Natalie and her family?

Or

Pimping another book or movie...

Time will tell and if changing the cause of death on a piece of paper would bring her back, it would be worth it...

Fanny1951

I remember when it happened, and it really seemed like the story went under very quickly. Everyone was suspicious and the rumors were that Wagner caught her and Chris Walken (also on the boat) 'together' and killed her for it. I also see that commenting on TMZ (this is my first) can lead to put downs and stupidity. For those who are asking why this is still a story, know that is her family who absolutely believe she was murdered who fight to keep this story alive. I know I would if I thought my sister had been murdered and someone got away with it!

MaryMRevis

I'm betting and think (and always have) that the freaky, so called "Captain" on the boat had something to do with this tragic death. Mr. Wagner has held himself with dignity and grace thru it in the beginning and over the years. As i see things, and recall all the news and talk, the speculations that he was to blame..I do NOT think he had any involvement, nor Christopher Walken. The Captain was sneaky, has lied and is a drunk to boot. It's beyond me why he hasn't been looked at more closely than ever before.

Melissa Fighting for Ryan & Farrah

Now Whitney Houston's death certificate needs to be changed from Accidental to Homicide. Whitney has more Bruises on her body than Natalie.

dc

she was killed because she was going to expose wagner was gay after being caught with the other guy???????

Bad Kitty No Milk Tonight

What kind of wood doesnt float? ...Natalie Wood. Sorry old bad joke, My god she was gorgous! whenever I see pics of her I still get wood. If they ever do a bio of her Ann Hathaway is the obvious choice to play her IMHO.

DG

Robert Wagner was jealous of Natalie flirting with Chris Walken and caused her death in a fit of rage. He needs to pay for his crime.

MaryMRevis