Tom and Katie Divorce

The Suri Clause

7/9/2012 3:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0709_tom_suri_katie_articleTMZ has learned, the divorce settlement between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes is extremely complicated, outlining things both Tom and Katie can and cannot do with Suri.

Here's what we know.

-- Katie will have what amounts to primary physical custody, but Tom has significant custodial time with his daughter.

-- A report claiming that Suri must be in the presence of Katie's bodyguard and nanny when she is around Tom is "absolutely, 100% false."

-- The custodial provisions of the agreement are extremely detailed, and religion is one of the topics.  We're told there are restrictions on what Tom and Katie can discuss with Suri on the subject of religion, including Scientology, however, those restrictions are eased the older Suri gets.

In short, we're told the agreement is extremely detailed and outlines a course of conduct for years to come.

bearforce1

They already had a non disclosure agreement.

She got everything because she could get around the non disclosure agreement by giving evidence in court.

Tom lost hard and has given her whatever she asked for.

Sucked in Tom you lose. Katie won. Katie got exactly what she wanted keeping suri away form the evil cult of scientology.

Remember Tom had a prenup that gave katie nothing. Why would Tom give Katie anything if he didn't have to. Katie forced tom to do what she wanted because Tom and scientology are scared of exposure through the courts.

Truth

You call this news?? ANYONE could have guessed this. Tell us some more about how EXCLUSIVE it is,

ic

Yes her Nanny will be with her and it won't come from the church...and she will go to school in NYC and see her Father when school is out they will not be taking her out of school for her to travel..he will come and see her when he is not making movies...and no Scientology..she will have a normal life but will be watched and he will not fight her on anything..the church does not need the negative publicity...she is no Nicole who had to give up her kids...this is one tough girl..

Niki

I'm glad Katie custody of Suri. I'm curious how and why this was resolved so quickly but I am glad it was for Suri's sake.

From what little I do know of Scientology, it sounds really intimidating. I've seen comments that people think Catholicism is just as bad. I was raised Catholic and I was able to leave the church without fear of violence... If Suri is going to be raised with religion, I think it is better that she is raised with one that she can choose to eventually distance herself from if she wants to.

I don't understand why people are being so vicious about Tom Cruise. I agree that he seems very odd and that his choice of religion seems awful but I don't know him personally so I don't think it is fair to assume that he is or isn't a good father.

In the end, I truly hope that whatever complicated terms Katie and Tom decided on keep Suri safe and happy.

mkj

Tom cruise....really? Katie should hold her head up high. She is a very beautiful person and im sure will be just fine.... she done what a lot of women are petrified to do when in a relationship that is not healthy .... she had the courage to leave. So I would like to say thank you to her for standing up for her child and herself and showing women everywhere that you can do it... best wishes for her and her beautiful baby girl!

Phreaky

I am guessing that Katie probably had everything written down, probably as she mulled this whole thing over the last few weeks. I think she handed it to them and they basically said ok. Im sure her dad helped, but this was already outlined. Happy she is escaping the cult.

Erika

wish they had a clause where Kate sill stop spoiling little Sushi....everytime they go out the kid comes home with tons of new toys, cloths, electronics etc...
Let Sushi grow up normal as possible for crying out loud and stop spoiling her...Tom was the only one who disciplined her when she was being a brat.
Also, I'm glad this quick settlement made a fool out of all the media who tried to make a big scare out of their divorce by dragging in scientology into it...following her around, might grab Sushi etc....all nonsense...the divorce was planned and is friendly with little bratty Sushi being able to be with both of them.

bearforce1

Tom Cruise has had to make a big sacrifice for his cult with this. I wonder if tom still loves his cult as much now.
Keep up the awareness and keep pushing for the removal of the tax/religious exemption for the cult of scientology.

Sydney Harris

I am tired of hearing of that bitch and that bastard! Who gives a flying ****!

bic

She knew what she was getting into when she married him. Who doesn't know the religion of their future spouse? Come on! It was all about fulfilling her teenage fantasy of being Mrs. Tom Cruise. Now Suri is paying for it. She's a joke.

brianjones0069

Wow! Cudos to Katey for getting major distance from that moron Tom Criuse and that insane religion known as Scientology. Best move she has ever made. We now know that Tom Cruise is a mindless puppet for that sham better known as "Scientology".

aston

Now I'm getting worried. Who is going to oversee that Tom doesn't subtly tell Suri her mother is delusional and we really come from the Thetans? And when she is asking her mother questions, she won't be getting answers? Tom is so rigid and so messed up, he has a history of separating mother and children and belongs to a sect that shuns people - I'm afraid there is no way he will respect an agreement on keeping his religion out of Suri's life and honor her love for her mother. Poor little girl, she is at risk at having a very complicated childhood and teens. Whenever she enters Tom's home, she'll enter a strange, distorted world where everyone is a Scientologist. What Katie has managed to achieve is keeping her out of there for the largest part, thus at least giving her a chance to normalcy. You almost wish someone could abduct Tom and take him to a shrink, for his children's sake.

kathilovespugs

I am relieved that Katie Holmes got Suri away from the Church of Scientology. I hope it's a wake-up call for Tom on how whacked that religion is...he needs to get out, too.

ic

Everytime I read your post I have to laugh..they must give you plenty of Ad money for you to try to clean up this show....I do believe she got everything she wanted and more..he was very generous as he does want to see his little girl...but there will be a Nanny in place and bodyguards and I doubt he will make a false move as the whole world is watching and his church and career mean more to him than anyting else..

kizzy

I agree with most people who feels like Katie is tyring to play victim. Why stay in the realtionship so long to the point that the whole world new you were unhappy. She should have left from the first year, cause im sure u knew who Tom was from the first year,a nd yet you hung in for another 5