Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes

DIVORCE SETTLED!

7/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/9/2012 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0709_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_Settlement_suri_article

update_bar
10:44 AM PST:
Tom's longtime lawyer, Bert Fields, just told TMZ, "The Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes case has been settled with a signed agreement. Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I."

0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have SETTLED their divorce ... this according to Katie's lawyer.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, "This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed.  We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

TMZ reported in the last few days lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation -- trying to end what began as a divorce war.

As we reported, one condition Tom had for settling was "meaningful, significant" contact with Suri.

Wolfe added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

beef

Oh please take me back Kate! I swear I will renounce this horrible culst if you will just take me back. I swear not to control every aspect of your life and let you be a stronger part of the relationship. I was so wrong to put religion before our relationship. I really want to pucnh by BFF David Miscavige in the face right now for causing all of this. Please Kate...I mean Katie.

Tom

beef

I love how the Office of Special Affairs (OSA) is in here clicking the Hate arrow on all the posts. Screw you OSA. You are WEAK. David MuffCabbage is going DOWN!

wolf

What is it Tom Cruise cant do?He sings beatiful in Rock of Ages and acts brilliant.He will get an oscar for that role im sure!Im not a sientolog but I dont care what other people believe in.Team Cruise,
Sorry for Katie to loose such a guy!!!!She had to leave because he lost that loving feeling towards her!thats the truce.Katie was very into sientology according to sources

Pimpcessa

You know, Katies home free now. She probably doesn't have a thing to worry about anymore. I know everyone thinks that Tom and the goonies will still come after her, but I think differently. The church has so much of the spotlight on them now, and lord knows if Suri or even Katie come up missing, it would be way too easy to to make Tom and The Scientologists lives a living hell.

I'm not entirely sure that the Church will ever recover just from this. And, it's possible that some new investigations on them could be sprouting up. But, rest assured, that Church made Tom settle quickly because they couldn't deal with the backlash this has created. Especially since these old members are coming out with their tales of horror.

I doubt the Church will ever recover from this.

carbin

At least we know Suri won't be a tribute in the Scientology Games!

ME of course!!!

Is this the fastest divorce or what??

Asta

jo

The COS I'm sure believes no deed by 'runners' go unpunished. They will find a way to make her atone in their eyes...they will be chillingly patient for the right way and time.

mon

No surprise here. a contract is a contract. katie knew what she had signed up for and apparently kept to the terms of that contract.

Bella

it began as a "divorce war" because the press turned it into one. Must be so disappointing for so many who revel in other peoples pain. Score one for sanity.

Lilly

WOW....She has something "HUGE" on him!!!! Whatever she has on Tom it had to be HUGE, HUGE, HUGE for that idiot to just give in!!!

Best Mom

I'd love to hear what the other celebrities like Priscilla Presley, John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Kirstie Alley, Lisa Marie Presley, think about all this Scientology bad-mouthing and their take on Katie's supposed anti-Scientology feelings. Would be very interesting to hear from them....but will we?

Susan

I don't trust this. He wants to be able to see Suri, meaning: Influence her and maybe even take her away from Katie for good aka make her disappear.

NYJ

Is there any doubt at all this happened so fast because the 'Church' couldn't afford to have all those details become public?

cokeandpilates

I'm willing to bet that Tom was under pressure from COS to settle and make it go away. Tom probably realized settling early and fast was to his benefit. I can only guess what kind of dirt Katie had on him, but she played this out brilliantly!!