Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes

DIVORCE SETTLED!

7/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/9/2012 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0709_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_Settlement_suri_article

update_bar
10:44 AM PST:
Tom's longtime lawyer, Bert Fields, just told TMZ, "The Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes case has been settled with a signed agreement. Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I."

0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have SETTLED their divorce ... this according to Katie's lawyer.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, "This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed.  We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

TMZ reported in the last few days lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation -- trying to end what began as a divorce war.

As we reported, one condition Tom had for settling was "meaningful, significant" contact with Suri.

Wolfe added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

AND I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A TOM CRUISE'S FAN AND I STILL KNOW I AM TOM CRUISE'S FAN.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

Maddy

wait, so does Katie have full custody?

flubbergast

that's really fast. can't deny to think the scienties were involved to bring it down. whether secretive matters or just to look better.

now what? tom's gotta leave the church at home when he sees his daughter. that's it. else i see no problem. :)

Truth

LMFAO! They totally farked you haters over. It's over, and you got nothin'. Take a picture of THAT.

beef

I'll bet my life savings that she had to sign a gag order never to mention Scientology or Toms involvement with it to the press ever.

For this to have been settled so quickly, it makes me think that Tom was not blindsided at all and that him and his lawyers had been working on the settlement already for months.

phyllismc

Katie handled it perfectly. The only way to escape a controlling situation, whether it's a domineering man or a cult is to do it exactly that way. Quietly, keep your head down, make your plans while smiling, get your ducks in order (bank accounts, place to go, etc), then ACT FAST & DECISIVELY. Before you can get corralled.

I've known people who have escaped Scientology, and they had to change their identities. Although they were friends of mine, they never in the whole time I knew them revealed their birth-names . . . out of total fear that they could be found.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

Lynda Jones-owings

I think it is great that they were able to work it out in a civilized manor and both are happy with the outcome.....

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

bearforce1

I hope there is a judicial investigation in Scientology and katie has to give evidence under oath. That way she gets to spill the beans and not breach the agreement.

Nasious Cordova

Let's hope meaningful contact excludes brainwashing by Tom's cult. Congrats Katie!

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE