Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes

DIVORCE SETTLED!

7/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/9/2012 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0709_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_Settlement_suri_article

update_bar
10:44 AM PST:
Tom's longtime lawyer, Bert Fields, just told TMZ, "The Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes case has been settled with a signed agreement. Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I."

0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have SETTLED their divorce ... this according to Katie's lawyer.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, "This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed.  We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

TMZ reported in the last few days lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation -- trying to end what began as a divorce war.

As we reported, one condition Tom had for settling was "meaningful, significant" contact with Suri.

Wolfe added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

justme

It's apparent she knows too much to keep it going on! Glad she got what she wants!

bearforce1

Kaie absolutely destroyed tom and the cult of scienntology. Big win for katie. Huge loss for Tom Cruise and the cult. YAY.

Fifty Shades of WTF

Good for them! But mostly, excellent for Suri.... She needs Mom and Dad. Period.

carbin

Tom: "I'll settle...just don't tell anyone I'm actually a bug from Men in Black!"

TJ

All this information on the CRUISE divorce and nothing on the KARDASHIAN divorce proceedings! How is that fair? KIM and KRIS are still "man and wife" going on one year, August 20th. KIM has become a blatant ADULTERESS! No boundaries,as usual.

writenow

Not so fast. Contact with Suri doesn't mean anything beyond limited visitation. And limited visitation often turns into Supervised visitation in double-quick time. The thing about custody cases is this:

Unlike divorce, they are never really, over.

bjay

Just as I predicted.... Tom is too secretive to allow this to drag out.

Crabbey

She won! She beat that evil cult. I love it. I just want to know who Suri's real dad is!! That has to be what she has on Tom. LOL!

R

"This house is clean."

steve

Xenu told Tom that if he didn't let Katie win.He would be kicked out of Scientology!! As for Tom's next wife...Xenu! He will be joined with her as husband and wife on the planet Zar,and he will be forever brainwashed!

bearforce1

Tom gut dumped big time and now he has had to settle with Katie in NY with whatever conditions she says.

Tom cruise say thanks to scientology for ruining your life. Now you know how everyone else feels about scientology.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

AND I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A TOM CRUISE'S FAN AND I STILL KNOW I AM TOM CRUISE'S FAN.

Sue

That seems easy. Didn't expect that! I hope Katie was able to hold her ground and is able to keep Suri out of Scientology.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

TJ

Remember, the Cruise's had an excellent pre- nup in place. That is why it was accomplished so quickly.