Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes

DIVORCE SETTLED!

7/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/9/2012 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0709_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_Settlement_suri_article

update_bar
10:44 AM PST:
Tom's longtime lawyer, Bert Fields, just told TMZ, "The Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes case has been settled with a signed agreement. Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I."

0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have SETTLED their divorce ... this according to Katie's lawyer.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, "This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed.  We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

TMZ reported in the last few days lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation -- trying to end what began as a divorce war.

As we reported, one condition Tom had for settling was "meaningful, significant" contact with Suri.

Wolfe added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

bearforce1

I hope there is a judicial investigation in Scientology and katie has to give evidence under oath. That way she gets to spill the beans and not breach the agreement.

paigehop

THAT is amazing! Fastest divorce involving a child in history!

It's obvious Tom loves Suri very much and is a nurturing father. Hopefully, though, he has been stopped from indoctrinating her into Scientology.

He's a great actor and from what I've seen a loving father to all his children. Best to him!

WhoCares

She has some serious pooop on either Tom or Scientology. I read elsewhere, under the terms of the settlement, her nanny and bodyguards must always be present when Suri is with Tom and Suri is to have NO contact with CO$.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

AND I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A TOM CRUISE'S FAN AND I STILL KNOW I AM TOM CRUISE'S FAN.

Smoothie

Does slagging another person or group presuppose that you have none of those weaknesses and are not those things. so Scientology is evil, so you are not evil? Scientology is corrupt so you are not corrupt? Scientology is xyz so you must not be xyz because you are calling them out for that?

So I am to believe that it is the good people" who call out the "bad people"? The more you finger point at COS , the purer you are? Really now?

You're lilly white ? is that it?

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

TJ

People" assume", a lot on here. There really doesn't seem to be any animosity between the two of them.
This was all pre-agreed, probably when they first were married. She produced the required "heir," and is now free to pursue her own career.

paigehop

and you can be 1000 % sure that as a part of Tom not indoctrinating Suri in Scientology that Katie is banned from discussing Scientology. Damnit! I wanted all the gory details!!!!!

carbin

Next TMZ story...Suri abducted by Tom on intergalactic space ship!

bearforce1

@SMOOTHIE set up a TMZ account 43 minutes ago. SMOOTHIE is a scientologist or a scientology rent boy.

Sincerity

NOT AT ALL SURPRISED!!! Katie Holmes "IN GOOD FAITH" signed an "IRON-CLAD" PRENUP!!! The CONFIDENTIALITY PROVISIONS were ALREADY IN PLACE!!! I suspect Tom Cruise and company WERE HOLDING ALL THE TRUMP CARDS!!! Considering that Katie Holmes has "NO SIGNIFICANT" CAREER OF HER OWN, DRAGGING OUT A DIVORCE WOULDN'T HAVE HELPED EITHER OF THEIR CAREERS!!! Katie Holmes wanted to be "PAID" and was "PAID" QUITE WELL NOT TO "ROCK THE BOAT"!!! Now, I'm wondering how long it will take Tom Cruise to debut "HER REPLACEMENT"!!! I suspect, NOT LONG!!! Suri should do quite well WITHOUT HAVING TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF A "NASTY" LEGAL DRAMA!!! I doubt there were any "HARD FEELINGS" on Tom Cruise's part!!! IT WAS ALL SIMPLY "BUSINESS"!!!

janet

Congrats to Katie and Suri, they have their life back. They are no longer under Cruises control. All her main concern was keeping their daughter away from scientology and Suri having nothing to do with the cult. Hopefully this was done.

Holmes is now free to have back her own mind thoughts and feelings and make what she feels is the best decision for her daughter.

Holmes must feel like the weight of world was just taken off her shoulders. She can go back to wareing heels.

Locke

Maybe Katie told Tom give me the divorce I want or I'll get a paternity test showing Chris Klein's the dad!!!

paigehop

I still am amazed that Tom's couch jumping was/is news at all! I thought it was quite cool that he felt comfortable to show his emotions. There was zero kooky about it. The medie sucks!!!

TJ

KIM KARDASHIAN is an ADULTRESS!