Tom and Katie

Joint Statement --

We're TRYING to Play Nice

7/9/2012 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0709_tom_cruise_suri_katie_holmes_article_2
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have released a joint statement about their split ... insisting they are committed to working together to do what's best for Suri.

The statement  reads, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests."

"We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents."

The statement reinforces what we already told you ... Tom and Katie have called a temporary truce while their lawyers try hammering out a settlement and end this thing as soon as possible.

Pudding Tang

Doesn't sound bogus at all!!!

janet

Oh, c'mon. You know this was going to happen. This is simply just down playing Scientology and nothing more.

News Flash

What's best for Suri? Stay together until she's grown. Selfish actors.

Penny

Tom will do or say pretty much anything to protect his precious cult from being exposed in a court case. I suspect that's the main reason behind Katie filing for an open hearing! Good for her for good planning for getting rid of this short, abusive, loser.

Spiffy

Translation: David Miscavige has a gun to Tom's head and if we don't publish this joint statement, we all go up in flames.

DaveT

Good, Suri deserves it.
Tom's a good man, a great dad, and will do the best thing for his daughter Suri.
Knew it in the beginning and know it now, Tom's not a noodle who falls over in the face of challenge, he'll do what's best for Suri including keeping things peaceful with Katie.
He's a man who stands up and fights according to his integrity and values.
Tom-haters don't like that.
Too bad, so sad, Tom is Suri's dad...you ain't her parents and don't have any power in their marriage or relationship with their daughter.
Sucks to realize your powerless and your spite and hate doesn't change a thing...don't it :D

Truth

"...our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs" --->IN OTHER WORDS, SCIENTOLOGY VS. CATHOLICISM. LET THE CULT WARS BEGIN!! Pssssst... CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE AUDITING TAPES IN THOSE SESSIONS. #TRUTH!!

Susan62509

I wonder of the original letter than contained this statement was addressed to TMZ and sent certified mail with return receipt?

Stiletto

Damn it!

We want dirt!

Sandra

I'm a single mother with three kids, and I was not pulling in enough income to support us. Now all that has changed. I am now making more money than I have ever dreamed. I've seen articles from other companies promising success in internet businesses before, and I tried some of them because I had nothing to lose. But, they never came close to the success ( http://www.partnerwithpaul.com ) have given me. It took me from a $24,000 yearly income job to making over $50,000 within 9 months. Money is coming in my PayPal account everyday and I am loving it.

Amber

Good, they need to focus on her and only her...

scoopie

It's more the "after" that worries me; sneaking Suri off to SeaOrg on a visitation, stuff like that.

J-LO on Steroids

you HATERS know it was toms side who came out with this statement. While Katies people were courting the press with stories.

ZeekOsbourne

".... express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs". Sorry, when it comes to a CULT religious sect their is no respect! Tommy Davis and Mr Miscavige can kiss my ARSE!

big'un

Well said, TOM.. he is trying to look rational at a time when his cult is in the lime light. It seems odd to me none of his actor/cult buddy's are chiming in. Could be Katie has a big stick and they don't want hit with it. This needs to end up in court.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments