Dominic Monaghan

'Swamp People' Is Cruel

... SHUT IT DOWN!!!

7/12/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_dominic_swamp_people
"Lost" star Dominic Monaghan believes "Swamp People" is nothing more than "shock TV" that glorifies the senseless killing of alligators -- and it must be stopped.

Monaghan went off on Twitter moments ago about the History Channel show, writing, "If my hero Steve Irwin was around, those shows about killing alligators wouldn't be on TV. I'm gonna stop them."

Monaghan describes "Swamp People" as "death entertainment" that "continues to demonize reptiles as monsters and animals that are okay to torture and kill."

He adds, "If alligator populations need to be controlled, I understand. But the act should not be glorified on TV. Disgusting."

And according to Dominic, it's all the History Channel's fault -- "I blame the network, not the people."

So we gotta ask ...

Uncle Tom

Welcome to reality monaghan!

Dirk

I don't understand how a show like Swamp People ended up on the "History Channel" in the first place. or why UFC ended up on the "Syfy Channel". Everything in this world is turning to ****.

Pinky

Alligators are hunted for a reason in Lousianna.They have to thin them or else they would take over.This guy needs to get a life and worry about a cause like feeding hungry children.Not hunting alligators.

kerrplunk

I'll bet, if swamp people called him to star on the show. He'd bite!

Nix

If they were cute furry animals more people would be upset.

BC

Steve Irwin was a moron that harassed animals for a living. That is why he was killed by a sting ray. I knew it would happen one day. Oh well.

DaveT

Have had 'gator burger meat from cousins, tasty if you spice it up, good stuff

Castaway50

Personally, I really enjoy the show!! Now I know where my alligator boots are going to come from!! :) LOL

jack-55d79

A few thousand wild alligators per year. 40 million cows per year. And everyone knows all slaughterhouses are perfect. Time to become a vegetarian Dominic or it looks a bit like selective outrage. I'm not a vegetarian but then I'm not making a point about hunters.

ginny

I'm guessing life has been slow since Meriadoc Brandybuck.

rsmik

he needs to get a new hobbit. I mean hobby.

mary

these people are very poor and this is the only way they had to make a living. this has been done for generations, the money is paid because the number of alligators (they also eat the meat), need to be thinned as they become a hazard to the population in the area. because some of us have grown up in a different invironment, we want to force our way of life on them. people all over the world have different customs and do what they have to to survive. you dont like it ...leave them alone and dont watch show.

Marie

Is this dude a Vegan? If he isn't, he needs to shut up.

Slumgrrl1

Ook...clearly he hasn't even seen the show. I hate when people choose to speak out in ignorance in a pathetic grasp for attention. Where was he when the show first aired? Season 1? We're on season 3 or 4 now (tonight is the finale) ...the show has been around for years, the 'gator hunters even longer! If you're going to speak out on something, is it too much to ask that you know what you're talking about? Or that you do so in a timely...unquestionable manner..OR that you NOT be someone who makes a living glamorizing sex and violence!!!!! I've read some of his tweets..dude is no rocket scientist!

ray

you know, if you don't like it don't watch it. seems pretty simple to me. they even warn you before the show starts. LOSER