Jennifer Lopez

I Might Return to 'Idol'

... I Might Not

7/12/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711_jlo_american_idol
Jennifer Lopez is telling friends ... she HAS NOT made up her mind on her future with "American Idol" ... and WILL NOT make a decision until after she finishes her current concert tour with Enrique Iglesias.

There are reports Jennifer has already informed producers she's a no-go to return to the judge's table next season ... but sources close to J.Lo tell us the reports are absolutely not true.

We're told Jennifer wants to "see where things are in her life" when the concert ends.

Translation: If Jen's popularity is UP after the tour and she has more options, she's more likely to bounce off the show. If she's not ... "Idol" ain't a bad fallback gig.

It wouldn't be the first time J.Lo waited 'til the last minute -- last year, she held out until late August and finally gave in when producers reportedly agreed to fork over $20 mil for a 1-year deal.

update_bar
Lopez appeared on the "Today" show this morning ... and said she's "torn" about the decision ... but notes, "I think it’s time for me to go.”

071212_jlo_today_launch

Nazelie

JLo can go away forever. It's just another ploy to get more money. She sucks anyway.

Rocco

I might care, no, really, I don't care.

Ro

PLEASE do us all a favor and dont return to the show!! My husband and I have watched every season and both vowed that is she returns we are DONE!! She needs to get over herslef..lol....she could never sing as well as these peeps in the show without her dancers and OVER processed music....she would do great in a lip singing competition tho....come on A.I. get yer **** together!

tgrfan42069

its funny the judges get paid millions each season along with seacrest.yet when the actual singers do their tour they get peanuts

Wishbone

This just in...."J-Low can't decide on whether to stay on AI". Well there you go J-Lo...way to stay relevent...lol. No one cares...just go away already.

Trooper Tom

We all think its time for you to go and stay gone

CriticXtreme

This is another fake situation that's good for a fake show by fake people. It also helps in contract negotiations.

themare

She's full of garbage. She and Steven Tyler were fired already this past spring. AI is letting the both of them announce that they "decided" not to return in order to save face.

tmzfan

I am so sick of hearing this drama queen pull this crap every season. Let her go away, who cares.

sidithers

Her friggin voice is like nails on a chalkboard

Sherms

This show needs to be done already

ThundarSean

J-Lo, your last good CD & movie outting was Selena, 'nuff said.

Hank

what an ungrateful bitch. her career was in the toilet when she signed on to Idol. That show has single-handedly rehabilitated her career. If she leaves, she will have a couple more flop movies and bad albums and be washed up by the time she is 45.

ben

I think I MIGHT NOT CARE . . . .and I think I MIGHT NOT CARE!!!!!!!!!!

jokerchick

she's qualified to judge the "Guadalupe from the Bronx" contest on the corner of 166th and Jerome...bytch needed to revive that lame "career" of hers and now she's either being fired or she feels like she's "back"...chick is and always be ghetto trash with too many ex husbands and 2 kids too many...actually, being a PR from da Bronx, she didn't do too bad - she only has 2 kids and they're from the same man - remarkable