Madonna SUED

Over Vogue's Horniness

7/12/2012 6:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_madonna_tmz
Madonna
is being sued over her dance megahit Vogue -- because she allegedly never paid to make the song SO DAMN HORNY.

A record company named VMG Salsoul filed the lawsuit against Madonna in L.A., claiming the singer sampled the horns and strings from Salsoul Orchestra's 1977 dance song "Chicago Bus Stop (Ooh, I Love It)."

According to the lawsuit, Madonna never paid to use the samples -- and has illegally profited off the instrumentals since she released Vogue in 1990.

So why did it take so long? VMG Salsoul claims the samples aren't obvious ... and were only recently detected thanks to new technology that can help isolate and identify individual sounds.

VMG Salsoul is now suing for copyright infringement -- demanding unspecified damages.

Carl

So only a computer can tell they are similar? Strong case you got there.

Jen

Worst. Writers. Ever.

Majestik

Won't there be a Statute of Limitations on this?

JoejPaige

Yet, she accuses Gaga of stealing any moment she gets.

gpzjack

I don't hear it at all..it will get tossed. More lawyers with nothing to lose

Kelly

I don't hear a similarity at all.

Max Smart

Haha. I'm a professional arranger and these people don't have a hope in hell of winning this lawsuit. Lawyers should go to school and get music degrees before they take on these far-fetched money-grabbing cases as most of the claims are baseless (no pun intended). Madonna has a much better case against Gaga for "Born This Way". You can't sue for a horn stab that falls on the same beat.

MrHarrybawls2010

Madonna was on top of the world in 1992. Then , in 1993 she went on Letterman, acted like a complete azz and its been a slow decline ever since.

TruthMuhSucka

(vanilla ice): same horse**it happened to me!!!

big'un

Sounds like BS to me.

Swann

Not hearing it....

craig

Alot of people cashing in on celebs..when I was 17 I went to Coney Island hospital to visit a friend and I got punched in my mouth by rapper Old Dirty Bastard and Redman,I should a could a

Aaron

A court case based on a computer linking a soundwave, even though you can't actually hear it with the human ear!? Yeah, that'll get through! Not.

Kat

Madonna has always been very open about sampling for many of her songs. Mostly Abba. Gaga, on the other hand, said Born this Way didn't use the entire chorus section of Express Yourself, which Madonna openly talked about sampling Staple Singers.

jimi

22 years later..... really?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments