Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Maria

This show has so run its course, enough already!

jerome

They should s**t can the entire mindless program.

bc0102

Its really not about who is the best singer, it's about who has the most friends.

cafemusic9

J. Lo is better than Idol. She needs to go somewhere else because Idol is a waist of time. She deserves better and same for Steven. Idol don't know how to pick their winners, I thought it was supposed to be a voting thing, now everyone wonders. Good luck J.Lo and Steven you guys are awesome.

Vazquez

J-lo is fake; thats why show tanked.

henry

The show need to be revitalized and they need really good experienced judges, that dont play favoriteism. I think,after carry underwood there were no real winners. the runner ups were much better than the winners. something is wrong there.

Margaret Fisher

Ugh. Charlie Sheen? Really? That's one way to guarantee people WON'T keep watching.

Rod

Bring on Howard Stern and Madonna!

PrimaDiva

By Biitch. Shoulda never been on there anyway. Non singin ho

Laura Kelp

I hope they don't choose Charlie Sheen - what does he know about music? Jerry Lewis might know a little but he is old.

Dilizharb

YEP...when it's over it's OVER and AI is OVER! It was/is a great show, but why prolong the inevitable? Time to move on to bigger things...

jeff

I'm available.

Lyndee Lynch

What these celebrities fail to understand is what the show is all about. It's not about them! It's about the making of a new idol. I'm glad Lopez is going. She monopolized the show. She's self-centered. I got tired of her self-promoting. Did anyone think maybe the ratings are falling BECAUSE of her? Steven was entertaining, but oh well......

Gloria Rumage

I'm so sorry to see Jennifer Lopez leave American Idol. Without a doubt she has been the best judge. She shows such sincerety and knowledge in her words to the contestents. Never before have the judges treated the contestents with such kind criticism. It seems that before Jennifer, the judges were more harsh in their comments. Those kids need their criticism and recommendations but not in the way as to hurt them. Randy is a good judge and I think when he leaves Idol, it will fold. He worked extremely well with Lopez....As far as Steven Tyler, whom I adore, I do not think he came across as sincere as Jennifer or Randy and felt he was somewhat at a loss for words.....Just saying....

DJ