Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Sylvia

Bring back Paula Abdul

Tony

This show can be saved but it has to return to it's roots. If you have ever had a recording contract or sang professionally, or have several CDs you sell on your WEB site you are not eligible for the show. Make it for total amatures.

Sue

Charlie Sheen.

Khlutito

Thinking Jennifer Lopez would be the savior was misguided!! She was overpaid and no substance. At least Steven Tyler was entertaining. Bring back Simon.....at least he is honest and doesn't sugarcoat. Last season was just a love fest. Not the reality the winner of Idol will face!!

Feathermenomore

I am very glad Jennifer Lopez decided not to return. I think she is better making movies and singing. She is a phenomenal actress. I prefer to watch her on the big screen.

Lorraine

The show has been going down hill for a while. Too much of a popularity contest instead of a real talent one. Really........Taylor Hicks & Philip Phillips as winners!! Ridiculous! Not planning on watching in the future whether AI is on or not!

Nancy.Bryan

So sorry to hear that J.Lo. and Steven will not be back this year on American Idol, it just won't be the same without them. It was nice while it lasted. Good luck to the both of you's.

abeth118

Best news ever - she isn't returning because she was told NOT TO. She contributed absolutely nothing to the show other than to tell everyone she had a new video or book or movie or whatever - none of which were good. She can't sing, dance, act or judge - glad to see her go.

Bryan

So what.......
J Lo can't sing.....who is she to judge???

Feathermenomore

I think Jennifer Lopez is better off leaving. I think she should go beck to acting and singing. She is a phenomenal actress and I prefer to see her on the big screen.

cya

hey, get Odumbo, Biden and Odumbo's wife......they will be looking for work come January!!!

Mary

Yawn....

Manzi

Good riddance. The show has had other judges and can get other celebrities to be on the panel.

Ruth

I don't think it really matters since neither Jennifer Lopez or Steven Tyler have any talent themselves.
Jennifer Lopez must have had to sleep her way to the top, How? I don't know
As for, steven Tyler he just looks like a beast, so I don't know how he made it in his career this far.

I'm glad I stopped watching when theses 2 starting judging because I know they have no idea what they are talking about.

Let the leave the show, I'm sure you could find a better judge right outside a supermarket if you looked hard enough. LOL!

andy

great, wouldn't it be nice if the show folded gave America a rest for 10 years... or at least until some
real talent showed up!