'Game of Thrones' Star

I REFUSE to Own a TV ...

Even Though I'm On It

7/17/2012 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

"Game of Thrones" throat-ripper Jason Momoa was deprived the pleasure of watching himself violently murder people on television ... because dude tells TMZ -- HE REFUSES TO OWN ONE!!!

Pretty shocking considering the guy has made a career on the small screen ... with TV classics like "Baywatch: Hawaii" ... "Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding" ... and "North Shore" (which took place in Hawaii).

But Jason's opposition to technology doesn't end with the tube ... dude also says he won't carry a cell phone either.

No Angry Birds ... no Words with Friends ... no Fruit Ninja ... no TMZ App!?

The horror.

Enough

Don't forget "Ronan" in Stargate Atlantis.

Lee

He's one of e sexiest men alive. I couldn't live without my TV and apps.

Cao

The revolution will not be televised.

Power is everything!

O_o

no cell phone mmm? how does he get the news about all of these amazing roles? not buyin it.

Ace

I technically don't own a TV either. I pay rent-a-center $150 a month for my 22" flat screen TV. It'll be paid off in 2015.

Tracey

ROCK ON! I REFUSE TO HAVE CABLE TV!

Rude Boy

I hadn't heard of this guy until now but I already have respect for him. Do your thing, bro.

IceGypsy

We don't have a TV or a Cell phone either. TV died decided to spend cable money on a gym membership instead, and after years of doing tech support, I hate the phone, and will never have a cell phone. Mind you it's another story if the internet goes down more than 5 mins lol

Penny

Good for him!! I also refuse to own a television.

jokerchick

omg, imagine THAT...he's not a fcuking r*tarded couch potato or constantly in need of communication...I'd sooooo hit that

BB not bb

I don't know about this new show but the Baywatch series was about as boring and mind numbing as you can get. Maybe that is why he doesn't want a TV, he already knows how stupid the shows on it are.

Who really needs a TV and a cell phone either? I am sick of people loudly chatting in front of me on their cell phones. People used to be polite enough to make their private calls in phone booths. Now we have to be distracted by everyone's shopping lists and travel itineraries all around us.

TV is very brain washing. You can get psychologically addicted to it. You feel compelled to watch it and commercials on it that you don't like, even when you don't even like the show you are watching. It isn't fun as much as just luring you in.

SYLVI212

I don't believe a word of it. No TV? No Cell phone? Probably says he has no internet? Yeah...right.

hotbitch

I wouldn't need a TV either. I'd be perfectly content simply watching HIM all day, every day. He's so damn fine it's ridiculous.

Symian

What he is saying is "I believe what I put out is garbage" but takes no personal responsibility for that garbage. He thinks he is above it. He's not. You are what you do, brother. You are what you do.

haha.....

this is just so stupid....any actor who doesn't own a TV is not doing justice to his craft.....unless of course he just wants us to think he is cool but actually watches everything on line (and pay for it) but if you are an actor....you should know what the hell is going on....and if you live in 2012 with out a cell phone....it doesn't mean you have a life...it means you are a fool..seems like he thinks very highly of himself.....my guess is....he does and has all of it.....just wants us to know how uninterested he is....(i guess the kids think that is cool now,,)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments