« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

My Kids DESERVE

a New Dog

7/18/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

071712_vick_launch
NFL star Michael Vick wants to own a dog again -- and five years after his conviction for illegal dog fighting, he can legally get one -- but the question is ... should he?

The Philadelphia Eagles QB was on Piers Morgan's show last night, and said he would like to get a dog for his kids.

After Vick served 19 months in federal prison ... he was banned from owning dogs for 3 years. That ban is about to expire, and Vick thinks having a dog could be "therapeutic" ... for his children. He told Piers, "I can't take that dream away from them. That's selfish on my behalf."

One positive? Vick says he won't let his kids get a pit bull.

Still, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Robine France

I think Vick's Kids deserve a new father! He kids have much bigger problems then not having a dog..just sayin..

LoveaLee Hayes

His kids deserve a father who did not murder and maim dogs.

Kim

I am sorry he agreed to the plea bargain, and needs to abide by it, he got a lessor sentence because of it. Do I think his children should have a dog, yes, but he is the reason they cant. Maybe he should move.

Erica

Heck no!! that is a horrible idea!!! However i have to say that Vick thinks pit bulls were good enough to fight and make him money, but their not good enough as a pet?? Me and my Pit Bull say F you Vick! You don't deserve any dog and thats the price that your kids are gonna have to pay.. Shame on you!!

Gloria Whittier

Your children also deserve a better role model for a father, they were failed in that area! Where is the guarantee, that because of your lousy parental role modeling your children will not mistreat the animal, like you mistreated or allowed mistreatment of many animals? Why not fouc on being a better parent than asking some poor, helpless animal fill that void?

Bigksw30

Good for him, everyone deserves a second chance...so get over it

rixxy

I don't think he should have a dog. Its sad and unfair to his kids because I am sure they would enjoy one. Its to bad they have a dad that is such a duschebag!
I don't think the kids should be punished for their dads stupidity. Maybe they could get a small one and not allow him near it! ha ha

DSorry

I'm a BIG Eagles Fan, but i can't stand Vick. No way he should EVER have a dog. He should have no type of animal.

Baileycakes

Nevermind just not having a dog...after what he did ( and is capable of ) he should NOT be allowed ANY animal or anywhere near one.

tina hernanez

If Michael Vick's children want a dog, hang Michael up in the backyard and let the kids play with him!

tina hernanez

Michael Vick should not be trusted with any pet of any kind. Hell, if he gets mad at his kids, will he hang them in the backyard like he did to the dogs? Do Not give him the chance to hurt another dog!

Shannon

BIG HELL NO! HE ONLY CHANGE BECAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT! ONCE A MONSTER ALWAYS MONSTER!

Skipper

I'm shocked!! They allowed this dirtbag to have/keep his kids??? Shame!

Valerie

He should never get a dog again. He is a SICK monster!!!!

Bree

He does NOT deserve another dog. Should have thought about those kids earlier! Why should he get a new dog? So he can beat and do the same all over again? No. Just NO! He does NOT deserve a new dog.