Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

LizzieBorden

While I'm bustin' my butt working TWO jobs, I LOVE to stop into Chick-fil-A for a bite to eat and will CONTINUE to do so while these BLOWtard Celebs are ACTUALLY eating in a 5*star Restaurant ANYWAY!!!!

Jillian

Love Chick fil A and he can boycott it all he wants. I hate when these "celebs" throw their stupid 2 cents in. I will continue to enjoy their food.

scoopie

The Kardashians are opposed to ChickFilA having an opinion? Screw them.. boycott the Kardashian fauxChristians!!

Cromulent

I don't understand all of this gay marriage controversy. Gays have always been able to marry. If a gay man finds a woman agreeable to his proposition, no law in the land will stop them from getting married.

Donnie

Well, It looks like someone is finally standing up for their religious views and opposing gay"s.

Looks like I am going to be eating Chick-fil-a a lot more often.

Thanks for your stance Chic-Fil-A!!!

Kat

I have been telling people this for years. They also fund anti-abortion and censorship organizations. I have refused to eat there for years. I am glad people are getting on board with this!

Genghis Khan

LMAO, I'm sure the owners of Chick-Fil-A are losing sleep over these tards boycott. Personally I think their spot on and I'll eat their daily (if I could).

michelle

If you know anything about Truett Cathy then you know he is a firm believer of God hence chic fil a dosent open on sunday. So the money he spend on an organization is most likely going to one he feels share the same moral values as he does. He never said he hates gays or was against them he just simply lives an godly lifestyle.

Yes there are real Christians out there people.

Jason

OK first, I don't care if your straight or gay. What I don't understand is why people can't have a opinion anymore. If the president of Chick-fil-a doesn't believe in gay marriage, isn't it his right too. Just like its Ed Helms right to boycott the restaurant? I am tired of people wanting people to respect their beliefs, but not respecting the other persons. I am for gay marriage, but I am not going to stop eating chick-fl-a because they oppose gay marriage, just like I am not going to boycott The Office since it has gotten lame since Steve Carrell Left.

Mali

As much as I love their I dont want my money going to something I dont support. Now I know that my money will go anywhere when it comes to companies but this one. Im not doing it, im sorry.

caleb jones

they have always been a christian company.it's why they are closed on sunday(resting on the sabath day) they're aren't out protesting gay marriage ( like the evil church) they are just stating their stance when asked.they aren't putting sighs on their window that say " no gay allowed". they are a private business and that is their right

Dane

Miley Cyrus? Lindsay Lohan? Kardashians? Since when the hell did their opinions actually mean anything?

Sashatree

Not only is Chik fil A openly anti-gay-- so are Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel. All are owned by the same company based in Florida - and it is against company policy to hire gays. I HAVEN'T GIVEN THESE JERKS A DIME IN MORE THAN 15 YEARS -- AND I URGE OTHERS TO BOYCOTT.

Olivia

Ugh of course the only fast food place with good food would be homophobic. They just lost loyal fan #2 here.

Tc

Would you feel better if they changed their name to Dick - fil- A . Sorry Ed they serve chicken because not everyone likes the taste of ****.