Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

Studley Buck

Never eat fast food...until now. Chick-Fil-A just gained a new customer. Their food is clean & safe to consume.

Rhonda

well if they want to boycott chil-fil-a i say why dont we boycott their shows and movies first of all ed helms is an idiot i have never liked him but he has gotten the comments made completely wrong second miley cyrus who really cares what she thinks and lindsay lohan i boy cott her already and the kardasians dont even get me started i will not watch anything or read anything about them they are just fame whores that dont amount to 2 cent

Teach

THIS is supposed to make a difference to me? Like I care how a actor feels about fast food! I can make up my mind myself; based on common sense, logic, and morals. I don't hate gays; I'm related to at least one. But...God didn't make two people of the same gender to be together. And what I detest is the giving in physically to the attraction to the same sex. It is repulsive to me.

carter

this is what we do know someone doesnt agree with our opinion and we boycott them it not like he says he hates gay people o americans

Sheila

Well if the Kardashian's(with their 5 minute marriages), Miley Cyrus(who has been shown getting high on camera) or Lindsay Lohan(too many poor judgements to even name) aren't eating there I guess count me out too because they are awesome examples of great judgement...just saying

Craig

I struggle with homosexuality but a chicken biscuit is sounding pretty good about now... God's law is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow... He will not yield and he is no respecter of persons... He loves all but his is a righteous love based on his moral guidelines and ethics clearly laid out in scripture... Love isn't always "happy, happy, joy, joy!" Sometimes it hurts, especially in growth...

graham s

ed helms gains 1000 respect points

Luv

Looks like Chick fil A just gained a bunch of free advertising! NICE!

lovinglife

Thanks to Ed and everyone else (celebrity or not) that stands up for equal rights

lovinglife

Dman

what a pile of crap, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I guess freedom of speech dosn't work here anymore

tyson

IT'S SAD THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE A COMPANY WHO MORE THAN LIKELY HAS GAYS MAKING THEM PROFITS DON'T SUPPORT THEIR OWN WORKERS EQUAL RIGHTS AND I'M SURE THAT THEY WONT MISS THE MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM FAMILIES VISITING THAT FEEL VERY STRONGLY AGAINST DISCRIMINATION OF ANY SORT.IN FACT I KNOW THEY WILL BECAUSE THERE IS NO COMPASSION IN THE WORD COOPERATION!

Charles

Enjoying a chick fil a sandwich right now...... mmmmmm, So good!
Thanks, boycotters, that means more food for me!

tyson

IT'S SAD THAT IN A DAY AN AGE LIKE TODAY A COMPANY WHO I'M SURE HAS MANY GAY EMPLOYEES MAKING THEM PROFITS DON'T SUPPORT THE EQUAL RIGHTS OF IT'S OWN EMPLOYEES.I'M SURE THEY WONT MISS THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF PROFITS BROUGHT IN BY FAMILIES WHO STAND FIRM ON THE EQUAL TREATMENT OF EVERYONE.ACTUALLY I'M SURE THEY WILL BECAUSE THERE IS NO COMPASSION IN COOPERATION.ESPECIALLY CHICK-FIL-A.

Charles

Hey! Crazy boycotters! Newsflash: ANYONE and EVERYONE is entitled to their own personal views and is entitled to support and/or not support anyone or any group they choose.

Just as gays are free to exercise THEIR right to speak against and oppose those who do not support the homosexual lifestyle, gays cannot hypocritically think that those who's views differ from theirs should not also be entitled to their own opinions.

In other words: Gay is NOT the only way.
This is America. Just as YOU are entitled to YOUR view, so are those who dont support homosexuality entitled to THEIR view.

Get over yourselves.