Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

Ten31

Here's a thought. Nabisco comes out with a rainbow Oreo ad apparently in support of the homosexual agenda. You can buy an Oreo cookie milkshake at Chick Fil A. Not sounding like gay hate to me.

Homosexuals apologists demand tolerance and inclusion. But there is no such thing as tolerance and inclusion if you don't agree with them.

Luke

I've kind of lost my appetite for watching 'Office"

Robert Bayliss

Who gives any credance to what Miley Cirus, The kardashians, or Linsay Lohan has to say about anything? Anyone can show their hoohas and people think what they have to say means something. Just hollywood trash.

David

Im for same sex marriage. Im not a fan of Chik Fil a's food. But I give them respect for having their beliefs. Ed Helm's is allowed to have his opinion and not eat there. But honestly this whole entire Chik Fil a Boycott and whatnot is soo absurd. The Company is run by Devout baptisits. Is anyone really surprised they are against Gay marriage? They close on Sundays for pete's sake. That shows you how devout this company is and how serious they take it. I find it ironic that Same sex Supporters preach tolerance but are intolerant of anyone else's views. Funny too how this is a huge issue now. this isnt the first time they have been in the news for anti gay comments.

Jude

Maybe this is Ed Helm's way of "COMING OUT"! I started eating more at Chick Fil A!!

Jude

Ed Helms -- I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A ... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay :

Dahn

I may or may not agree with President Dan Cathy. I do however support his RIGHT to his beliefs. He was asked his opinion and should not have to lie about his beliefs. It is equally wrong to force one person to surrender their values merely to appease anothers.

Dahn

TheOld Guy

Gay Chickens? You must get your information from Bill Maher.

Of course you support gay marriage. which means by definition you cannot support hetero sexual or one man & one women marriage.

By the way, when are we going to stop this rediculous that only women can have children?

TheOld Guy

Ed. I did watch the Office once. I can understand why you cannot discern the difference between hating gays and choosing a marriage of one man and one woman. I would think most gays were conceived in and raised by a hetero sexual couple. Do I understand you to imply all christian couples hate their gay children and grand children?
The old guy

JoJo

Hey Helms - I won't order from Amazon cause he gives millions to gay marriage groups - but will certainly eat at Chick-fil-A every chance. Who cares what you think!

rich

Sounds like somebody is in the closet...

MR. C

Well Im going to stop watching the Office because of him doing this and I hope a bunch more do to . they are not anti gay, they just belief the marriage should be between a man and women. And Ed is idiot for not know the facts before running his mouth

fernwood

Really, I ask you now, is that star studded list of names going to be any great loss to Chick-Fil-A? I mean look, how would the Office have survived without Ed Helms. He has just made that show blossom.

yoou