Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Selebraties Suck

Never heard of it, but now I'm going to start going there.

Rex

I love chick fila - would never boycott them.

MyAccessibleLife

Is a boycott really going to change the way that man feels?

Erica

I LOVE CHICK-FIL-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Everybody has a right to their own personal opinion. I see nothing wrong with Helms' stance on the issue just as I see nothing wrong with Chick-fil-A's, both have the right to voice their opinion.

PathFinder

"Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 --supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a boycott of Chick-fil-A."

You mention them like we are suppost to be impressed by what they think. You just named some of the biggest losers in Hollyweird

SYLVI212

I'll start eating there more often--and I don't even like their food.

whocares

This is why I HATE GAYS

Mikey

The Office blows and so does Ed.

But everyone likes Chick-fil-A, even gay people.

Santo

" supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians"

Hey, I'll eat at any restaurant as long as these idiots aren't there....

Dino

How about donate money to close all places where people ' Ink ' themselves too. Sure we all of us follow what the old book tell us too do right ! People in their stupid behaviors to pretend they are better than others !

Joe

Hey Helms you effin moron. He didn't say they didn't like gay people. He said he didn't support gay marriage and supported the bibical definition of marriage. There's a big difference in those statements you idiot.

kp

I support Ed Helms right to boycott Chick-fil-A along w/ anyone else who disagrees with them. Don't eat there.

However I support Chick-fil-A even more & love their food.

WowReally

Whatever. Now gimmie a chicken sandwich and some waffle fries!

OhyesIdid

I love how no one is entitled to their own opinion anyone. Either your a sheep or your nothing. This is now the land of the free as long as it fits in with the consensus. Get over it

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments