Rapper B.G.

I'm Ready to

Go to Prison

7/21/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0719_christopher_bgFormer "Hot Boys" rapper B.G. says he's mentally prepared to begin his 14 year prison sentence for gun possession and witness tampering ... telling TMZ he's focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel.

As we previously reported, B.G. -- aka Baby Gangsta ... aka Christopher Dorsey -- pleaded guilty to crimes stemming from a messy 2009 traffic stop.

Now, B.G. released a statement through his rep Tracey Smith ... saying, "I am relieved I found out what my fate was yesterday because I was facing 30 years and my case kept getting pushed back."

The 31-year-old adds, "I am just ready to get my sentence started because it’s not RIP BG it’s FREE BG ... I feel happy and blessed that I will still be a young man and still be able to see daylight because I am someone, a dad, a brother and a son."

B.G. says he expects his career to continue to thrive while he's locked up ... noting, " will have upcoming music that will be released while I am away."

Cynic

14 years for a traffic stop ?? ha ha what a dumbass

Toilethead

How can he call that crap he does music? It's nothing but garbage.

manbearpig

if he's smart- he took an industial-sized tub of Vaseline. he is gonna need it.

Christian

Piece of garbage has no remorse for what he did.....just me me me.....14 years isn't long enough

DaveT

Too bad he doesn't have a vagina and didn't tape his little girl's mouth shut and chloroform her and lock her in car trunks and kill her and throw her in a ditch like Casey Anthony...then he'd walk away without consequences or penalties.

Bill

Must of suffered a head wound with that scarf around his head. Another rapper,tell me it isn't so.

Robin

Gun possession and witness tampering. I love the last line - because I am someone...a dad, a brother and a son. Not for 14 years, a-hole. And let's see what a fine person prison helps you become. Witness tampering. Shame on you. See you in 2026.

JDUB

14 years is ridiculous. If he was a nerdy looking little white boy he would have gotten 4.

LCS27

If I were a cop and saw someone rapping, I would immediately arrest this person.

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

It is good he is processing things well and trying to hold his head up.
14 years isn't that bad considering the charges and at least he didn't snitch like T.I

Free Remy

sharon walker

oh,well lets do the damm thing!!!!!

Mac

Nobody cares about another wanna be gangster ni**ger going to prison. His kids are better off without him.

Ben

Goodbye :)

Jen

How tough do you feel now? Carrying around a gun you didn't need, just because you thought it made you look cool, now your life is pretty much over.

BB