Kirstie Alley

Sued For Allegedly Lying

About Dumping Weight

7/23/2012 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0723_kirstie_alley_organic_liason_article_2
Kirstie Alley
is being sued for allegedly lying about how she dumped 100 lbs.

The suit, obtained by TMZ, was filed by a California woman who claims Organic Liaison -- the weight loss product Kirstie hocks online and on QVC -- is not the reason Kirstie dramatically slimmed down.

Plaintiff Marina Abramyan -- who used the product and filed the class action lawsuit -- alleges Kirstie shed the lbs by dancing her ass off on "Dancing with the Stars" and eating an extremely low-calorie diet.

As for Organic Liaison, Abramyan says it's bogus -- just a bunch of calcium and fiber which is not a proven weight-loss product.

Abramyan is suing for unspecified damages.

We contacted Kirstie's rep. So far, no comment.

0824_weight_loss_footer

rsmik

Everyone on DWTS loses weight, except for Alaskans

bb

Well it sure as hell wasn't Scientology - L Ron spent his whole life getting fatter and fatter.

campy

She gave a new definition to the term "hoofing it"

AmyG

I do believe that most if not all diet/ weight loss supplements- typically state to use in addition to exercise and a healthy diet.
DANCING= Exercise
Low Calorie Diet= A healthier diet for Ms. Alley
What a nut-job this lawsuit happy, pounds- a-packin' woman is....

Larjmarj

there's always somebody out there wanting something for nothing and there are people who are sad and can't lose weight.

bunny

Dear Marina, you need all the Fiber you can get. Cut down on sugar and sodium, get off your fat ass and workout to something like the Tracy Anderson Method and eat less calories. Suddenly, OMG, the weights coming off! Shocker!

bunny

I'm also dead serious on the Tracy Anderson Method. I dieted all my life and looked like a bodybuilder until finding TAM. She targets the smaller muscles as well. It's very hard but promised results, unlike most exercise out there. Like I said, I dieted for 20 years with no results until I found Tracy then dropped 150. Plus I don't sue all the products that fooled me for falling for their so-called miracle diet.

noddafan

there is ONLY one formula to lose weight:
eat less --> weigh less

noddafan

there is ONLY one formula to lose weight:
eat less --> weigh less

Big D

First of all Kirstie Alley looks great. Second are people so dense they believe what they see on TV. Do you really think if you buy a bow-flex you will look like me, first you have to use it, then you have to eat right. You're not going to lose weight by just taking a pill. There is no easy weight lost program. Most of those diet pills say on the bottle, take with proper diet and exercise, the pill isn't doing nothing it's the diet and exercise that works,

Chris

Crap No wonder I haven't lost any weight I keep eating a months supply of Weight Watchers in a week. Damn I thought the more you ate of this junk the more you lost. Who would have thought that a little bit of exercise and eating right would help me lose weight? Another Dumb person who wants a magic pill to lose weight. Here is an idea. STOP EATING SO MUCH. Try some fruit instead of the Chocolate Cheesecake.

Please someone kill all these damn lawyers who are taking these cases.

ladydiinpa

Good, Kristie always lies about how much she weighs, Most time I feel compassion for overweight people that get picked on...she choose to use it as a tool to make money and she is not honest, she did the samething when she was a spokeswoman for WWatchers.,Her starting weight was supposedly 200 lbs,..her starting weight was more like 250..& she said she lost 60 pounds, if she lost 60 pounds after weighing 200, she would have been lookin alot slimmer than she was. So tired of these "liein" celebs always tryin to make a buck off of their lies

Squeaky Shoes

This idiot should be counter-sued for defamation of character... you bought a weight loss product based on an ad by a celebrity and claimed you didn't shed a pound when you KNEW exactly how she lost the weight. another frivolous lawsuit by another money hungry lunatic, looking to cash in on a celebrity's wealth

Squeaky Shoes

I love how the right-wingnuts on this comment board are with the d-bag suing Kirstie simply because of her allegiance with scientology... yeah it's a cult, not a religion, but the idiot who opened this lawsuit is more stupid than all of scientology put together for buying a weight loss product thinking that she didn't have to do any actual work to lose the weight

Different Rules Apply

She will not win this lawsuit. If she does, then look out weight watchers, nutrisystem, jenny craig, atkins, all of em! Ridiculous to even consider.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments