Mariah Carey

$18 MILLION

for One Year

7/23/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0723_maraih_carey_tmz_money
Mariah Carey just became the HIGHEST PAID JUDGE in reality television ... because her one-year deal with "American Idol" is worth close to $18 MILLION ... this according to sources connected to "Idol."

Carey's deal dwarfs the contract Jennifer Lopez signed when she joined the judge's table -- J.Lo only scored a measly $12 mil for her first year on the show.

Carey also blows past Britney Spears ... who's making $15 million on "X Factor."

Somewhere ... Nick Cannon is smiling.

Mariah has since tweeted about joining the show ... saying, "It's gonna be so much fun working on American Idol. As a singer-songwriter, I'm excited to help find and nurture new talent. LYM! – MC”

sarah

When Simon left i have not watched one episode of idol. They can bring in all he eye candy they want. Yoy need talent.

choppy

Goodbye Idol.

Harry Kuheim

Down with the 1%...She didn't earn that...it's The "Peoples Money"....Vote Obama in Nov. and he'll TAKE it.

Garth

She's not worth 18M a year. And her gold digger husband too. I won't be watching AI next year. Forget about it Fox. You're wasting your money and ratings will continue to decline.

Little_Leota

what a waste of money

scarlett06

I'm sorry, but I've lost interest in anything IDOL or
X-FACTOR.
There is such a thing as TOO much exposure and it wears on the audience.
I don't give a crap who judges either show anymore!
Both shows have bored me to death with there indeciviness.!!
When you've decided, then let us know. Otherwise, I couldn't care less!
Used to be a fan....just don't care anymore!

pk

Mariah is more talented than JLo, but NO ONE is worth that much money

Robert Coulter

Lets Hope Mariah will be a much better judge than Randy, Jennifer, and Steven were. Also please leave the DIVA attitude at home and dress age appropiate otherwise it will be a long season

obama'saracist

they overspen for a never was skank by 17,999,999

Jeannie

That is just ridiculous !!!
All the problems in the country, and they have 12 million to pay ONE person. I don't care how talented she is..... It is obscene !

Tnvolgirl in Phoenix

This will be what sinks AI.....Mariah is a diva and a hateful, nasty person. They need to cancel this show.

JP

Wonder why your cable bill is so high? THIS is why. You're paying for these moronic judges.

LCS27

I remember the time when she was fcking for any 100 bucks

Faye

Idol is stupid. There is no way I will watch one episode with this prima donna on the show. Idol just nailed the last nail in the coffin signing her.

Flying Blind

Aretha Franklin on Leno tonight, she's going to show those 0.8 sorta young viewers she's relevant. Next