Mariah Carey

'NIGHTMARE'

to Work With

7/23/2012 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0723_mariah_carey_article
Mariah Carey
was a "nightmare to work with" during her brief stint as a guest mentor on "American Idol" in 2008 -- this according to sources on the show.

Sources tell TMZ, Mariah -- who made her mentor cameo on "Idol" Season 7 -- was incredibly late for her shoot at the Beverly Hills Hotel," not very nice at all," and ridiculously nitpicky about tiny details.

In contrast, the same sources agree  J.Lo was a pleasure -- "night and day" compared to Mariah. We're told J.Lo was all about business, in and out, no mess, no fuss.

As we reported, Mariah has been tapped as the newest judge for "Idol" next season. She signed a deal worth roughly $18 million for her first year on the show.

John

I N T E R E S T I N G

John Galt

Run, don't walk for the exit!

courtneycwhite22

I think Nicki Minaj would also be a great judge to have a well rounded round table.

Me

Mariah looks and acts like trailer trash, I really dont care how well she sings. I never enjoyed her singing, it is always over the top and too many trills and I always wanted to just scream at her, put your dam hand down, she is annoying and disgusting

Me

she is a has been! old news, Idol I am so sad I wont be able to even stand watching you anymore, she is awful, are you serious? On every blog, on your own Idol blog, almost every comment tells you that they think this is the worst decision, were you drunk when you made it? Like she is all the time on stage????

Jada

Carly from American Idol tweeted this:

Carly Smithson ‏@CarlySmithson

Just read on @PerezHilton reports that Mariah Carey was a nightmare while on season 7 of @AmericanIdol. - not true people !!!!!

@PerezHilton I expected her to be a total DIVA but she was probably the nicest mentor we had the whole season.Gave lots of advise and time

@PerezHilton She was not what i expecting. She was funny and personable. She had also watched all of us all season and knew us by name

MM

Carly Smithson from American Idol tweeted this!

Carly Smithson ‏@CarlySmithson

Lea

Carly from American Idol tweeted this:

Carly Smithson ‏@CarlySmithson

carol

She may be all that and a bag of chips, but she is still just a human being like everyone else. Though she is talented, she is not the one and only talented female singer to leave her mark. There have been many. Why would you doubt she would sign for 12 million? Hopefully she is not doing it just for the money. I mean this is her craft right? She shoiuld enjoy this. To think she should get more would be absurd. Hopefully she is not that pompous and narcissistic

Elphaba

Really?!

Geeg

I think that your "source" is actually the real pain. If Mariah was such a diva, why did she get the offer?

Petty, gossip-mongering anonymous sources are sooooo boring.

YAWN!!

Wtfsmh

Jlo is a bitch, my friends are waiters and when she comes to gatherings she forbids the workers to look at her or her fake ass, if she catches a person doing so they have to leave ,, jlow is a old sellout,,, I hate her she is as fake as her inflated butt

medina jr

she a big puke why does she feel she toooo good for people i never watched the show , i think all you idiots should not watch it either seems you got nothing to with your time she aint no damm so called dive she is a straight out 2 balled bitch

sherry levitt

Maria Carey is Old News! I don't see much draw with her ..They should probably get Adam Lambert. as
He is young has a nice following..and Or Guest
Judges ...They would be able to get different views..
And keep up interest in the show..I am beginning
to think it's almost time to End The Show..

manolito

Mariah Carey had insulted a singer that I know who is more beautiful than her and now look who she ended up with. How does American Idol think that she is gonna be a good judge. Too many people who can be a better judge even for a fraction of that amount.
Wake- up American Idol