Rick Santorum

Swallows a Mouthful

of Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A

7/25/2012 10:17 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez
breaking news

0725_rick_santorum_chick_fil_a_tmzThey say you are what you eat, so it's no surprise failed Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum loves him some anti-gay chicken.

The conservative 54-year-old just showed his support for controversial fast food chain Chick-fil-A -- whose president has been very vocal about the company's support for all things anti-gay lately -- by tweeting, "With two of my boys, Enjoying chick-in-strips and awesome peach shake at Chick-fil-A."

Then, in a reference to fellow GOP evangelical Christian Mike Huckabee's campaign for a Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day on August 1st, Santorum added, "See you here next Wednesday."

In response, pro-equality groups are coordinating a Same Sex Kiss Day at all Chick-fil-A restaurants on Friday, August 3rd. Now that's a mouthwatering meal.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

christopher

the real issue here is not whether or not chick-fil-A is pro or anti-gay (marriage).... the company is entitled to its opinions and values just like any other who supports gay marriage..... the issue is the fact that corporations are not people and therefore are not capable of having opinions.... they're freakin' corporations!!! i personally think that all corporations should just STFU about the whole thing and get back to business as usual.... leave the opinions for the people to express and leave the corporations out of it.... they spew enough BS without stupid people getting in the way.....

kevinkunzmann

Santorum is a closet case freak show.

James

Dayumm! Talk about yer media whores.

julie

The biggest bullies in America right now are the gays. They are truly frightening sometimes. Yesterday I posted I was going to take the kids to our local CFA because the kids there are so sweet and the play area is nice and within seconds was bombarded with comments calling me a religious, bible-thumping, homophobe who's kid will be gay someday. All because I said I liked the playground. Oh, they called me stupid too. Such love and tolerance... eyeroll.

julie

They donated a combined 2 mil to six different organizations gays find offensive. Out of their 4 billion profit. They donated almost 10 million to other charities helping at risk kids, sick kids, etc. And one of the groups the gays thinks is so darn offensive is the Fellowship of Christian Athletes which I was a member of. Basically the problem they have with the FCA is it is a Christian organization. Nothing but bullies is what you guys are now.

Mitzymitzy

I love Chik-fil-a. It's his restaurant and beliefs. It's his right to say what he believes it. You can't twist religion to fit "today's society". That's not what marriage is based upon. It is a man and a woman. I don't have to eat up all the gay marriage garbage. Respect my right to an opinion instead of jumping down my throat, because I don't agree with NON traditional unions. I can't even call it marriage.

R

I wonder if the guy came out saying he believes interracial marriage was wrong... would he be getting all this support for sticking to his beliefs?

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Most of you commenters from both sides have no idea what free speech even means! For most of you free speech - obviously - means "say what you want as long as you say what I want to hear".

Morons!

BTW, it makes total sense that Santorum eats deep-fried rat carcasses.

MIKE DIAMOND

dan kathy tells it like it is,straight out of the bible,he did not say he would not serve gays or mistreat gays he just spoke his biblical beliefs,and all the liberals go nuts,wow,what a shame. if you dont like what he said go some where else, maybe jc penny will open up hamburger stand ,ask ellen ,the rest of us like dan kathy and chick-fil-a.

kendra williams

this whole chic-fil-a thing is so unnecessary and misunderstood. one man simply voiced his opinion and now he's being bashed for what he chooses to support. CFA has never discriminated against ANYBODY and shouldn't be judged based on where they chose to donate their funds. it would be a completely different story if they said they would not serve gay people but thats not the case. they serve great food and every CFA i've ever been to has always had great customer service compared to majority of fast food places. and being gay is not a race/ethnicity nor is it a religion so it should not be compared to any of those

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8