Cuba Gooding Jr.

Allegedly SHOVES Female

Bartender ... Warrant Issued

7/31/2012 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_cuba_gooding_jr
Cuba Gooding Jr. is a wanted man ... cops in New Orleans have issued an arrest warrant for the actor after he was accused of shoving a female bartender early this morning ... TMZ has learned.

The New Orleans Police Department tells TMZ ... a misdemeanor battery warrant was issued after cops received a complaint that Cuba got physical at The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Street around 2:00 AM.

A witness at the bar tells us ... the "Jerry Maguire" actor became upset with some bar patrons who recognized him and had been taking pictures.

We're told Cuba began cussing at the people ... so a female bartender approached the actor and asked him to leave.

But the witness says Cuba didn't go quietly ... and shoved the bartender against a wall.

One of the bartender's co-workers called 911 ... but no arrests were made at the scene.

According to police, the bartender claims she informed Cuba that the cops were on the way ... and that he needed to leave. The bartender claims Gooding pushed her again, and left the bar.

Now, cops are under orders to arrest Cuba on sight.

Cuba is currently in New Orleans to film "The Butler" with Oprah Winfrey.

A rep for CGJ had no comment.

0731_absinthe_house_flickr

Pudding Tang

Someone's been taking advice from Alec Baldwin, albeit, not good advice.

KnuckleDragger

Female bartenders aren't bouncers. If he shoved her...I'm sure she was in his face. Not that I condone shoving women. You never shove a woman in a bar...you politely walk them to the door...then you shove 'em.

Matt Labo

mattlabo.com says "It's not biggie Cuba." Drunken disorderly at worst. Check out my satire "three 2 tango" http://mattlabo.com

Pudding Tang

In Cuba's defense I think he's dyslexic and walked into a 'bra'

Allen Ridak

This reminds me of the time I borrowed my parent's car for a 35th birthday joyride. I ended up cruising around town looking for homeless people to befriend. Found one who was willing to let me give him a ****** for a warm beer. Unfortunatly for me, he wasn't a wiper.

devilgirl

Man, Radio didn't know any better!

Oh A 💛💋

I'm going to pull the race card out for no reason right now

Mulholland Drive

He should be happy someone wants to take his picture. Don't go out of the hotel if you don't want to be recognized. Stupid celebrity.

dd

Rehab!

parlayer

Punk wouldn't shove the bouncer!! just women and perhaps children. why not??

Tim

You might as well show her the money Cuba.

really! really?

I've enjoyed CGJ's movies and at first light this episode is disappointing. Hopefully when the facts are "filled in", it won't be as bad as it sounds.

mrdobach

I doubt this is as bad as they are making it out to be

Andy

Oprah and Cuba?????? Wait for it..................
The white man will be to blame for this, enjoy losers.
Can't wait till Oprah has to cancel her TV channel cause she is broke, new's flash O your a Racist!!!!
How to loose a Billion in 2 years, great story!!!!!!!!

geincolo

Magic time! I don't care who you are or where you are, that 2am part of the day rarely holds precious memories. Be on the street that time of day at your own risk. Right, CG?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments