Cuba Gooding Jr.

Screaming Match

Continued Outside Bar

8/1/2012 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0801_cuba_gooing_jr_bar_article
The bartender who claims she was shoved by Cuba Gooding Jr. BERATED the actor as she threw him out of her establishment Tuesday morning ... telling him, "New Orleans disowns you" ... this according to a witness who took a photo of the altercation.

TMZ obtained a pic showing the brunette female bartender engaging Cuba outside of The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Street ... AFTER he allegedly roughed her up inside the bar.

We broke the story ... the bartender told police she politely asked Cuba to leave after he cussed at people who tried to take his picture ... when he shoved her into a wall.

The person who took the pic tells us ... the bartender was VERY UPSET at the actor ... and followed him outside the bar as he was being thrown out ... shouting, "I don't give a f*ck if you're a celebrity ... you don't push people."

A bar employee (the blonde) called 911 to report the alleged battery to police. Cuba has since been ordered to appear in court over the incident.

A rep for Cuba says the whole thing is one giant misunderstanding.

We called the bar for comment -- so far, no response.

greatwhiteknight

Funny how this article says she "claims" and he "allegedly" shoved her but then it says in caps she BERATED him. I doubt she would be that pissed off and kick him out if he didnt do that. I don't blame her for "allegedly" BERATING him. And i dont think what she said iqualifies as berating him, maybe if she used a racial slur. They probably just wanted to throw him out because he is black and a celebrity. Get a grip TMZ.

I am Spartacus

instead of asking him to leave because he cursed at people taking his picture why didn't she ask the people if they would kindly leave him alone. It's obvious he was being bothered but instead of stopping people from taking his picture they defend them.

Hank

I think that bartender is the first person to call Gooding a "celebrity" in a long time. I would have said, "just because you were on that sitcom, Family Matters..."

Wayne Merry

Sorry I have to just chime in here! Real people DO NOT GO DOWN into the tourist **** area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD! I have friends that live there and they take me to bars where John Goodman go and even Micheal parks from Then came Bronson TV show hang! IT aint Bourbon St area!

BW

Wut a lil Biatch, don't you take my picture, boo hoo
Them git out tha bar dummy

Morgan

oh well

Morgan

Oh well!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Wealthy celeb Black guy beats down another woman, news at 5, at 10, at 11, in the morning, in the afternoon, in the nightime.. get the pic? ... some leopards just can't change those spots even though they think they can by just calling them something else. Don't work with the thinking people out here. He's got this rep, go Google his name and those terms associated with this stuff. Plenty of reading from other 'victims'...

Throwback kid

Does anyone know if Cuba and that that talented actor Skeet Ulrich will make a sequal to their film Chill Factor? I felt the original film left a lot of questions unanswered and deserves a sequal. I know their are many Skeet Ulrich fans that demand it

Sunset

Men should not push women so he is a dick.

Mark

Cuba has done nothing to warrant everyone siding with the bartender. In reality it's more likely the bartender was some b|tch who started the whole thing. We know Cuba's track record but we dont' know hers. Just because Cuba's a celeb you want to assume he's the bad guy.
I've met plenty of ignorant pricks working in bars. I've also seen plenty of b|tch women who think they can scream insults and push around guys with no repercussions.
Don't judge until all the facts are in!

jlg

He is a bitch bag

lynn

I still don't get why no one is blaming the drunkard's who were in his face demanding pictures and autographs in the first place. So he's being publicly harassed, is already a little drunk, and the bartender comes over screaming that HE needs to leave? Sounds like she wasn't doing her job.

Skinny Jenny

I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online auctions.

Most people aren't aware of the almost unbelievable deals that they
can get from online auction sites.

The site that has the best deals is ( HTTP://tinyurl.com/ShopAuctions )

and I checked with the Better Business Bureau and was told that it is
all legit... How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all
kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don't know. I do
know that I bought my son an iPad there for less than $100 and my
husband a $250 Loews gift cards for $48.

Why would I even think about shopping anyplace else

NOLA

I live in New Orleans, and frequent this bar often. We usually don't travel to the Quarter that often because tourist are retarded, but this is a more local bar on Bourbon. We respect celebrities and their privacy down here. We are appreciate the money we bring to the city, but other than that we do not kiss their ass nor care if they are famous. That is a big part of why movie stars like filming down here. People here are loud and colorfully in general so for him to get kicked out he must have been being rude. And "following him outside" is a vague statement....it is a very small space. The street is 4 ft from the bar where patrons rest their drinks. Again we try to appreciate and respect celebrities while they are here, but this is our home. Respect it. People come down here and thing its Spring Break or Mardi Gras 24/7....it is not.! Bottom line is just have manners no matter where you are

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments