« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Montee Ball

Cops Investigating Possible

Fight BEFORE Campus Attack

8/2/2012 9:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802_montee_ball
Montee Ball -- and several of his University of Wisconsin football teammates -- may have been involved in a fight several days before the 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist was attacked on campus yesterday ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops have received tips about a brawl at a UW football player's home roughly one week before Ball was jumped on campus.

According to our sources, cops have been told Ball was at the home ... and along with some of his teammates, may have participated in beating up a non-football player.

Cops were never called to the scene and no police report was ever filed.

But sources tell us ... investigators are now looking into the possibility that Wednesday's attack on Ball was in retaliation for last week's incident.

We've contacted the University of Wisconsin's athletic department -- so far, no comment.

update_bar

10:39 AM PT -- Ball denies being involved in a previous fight ... tweeting, "The report that I was involved in a fight is totally false."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ManiacalZebra

If he helped beat up someone days before, I have a helluva lot less sympathy for him now.

lander

this attack was probably instigated by some women that he refused to pay blackmail to.

so much for honest work and equality, eh? bitches.

Big D

When I first heard the story i knew there was more to it than just some guys jumped him and beat him up. You don't just beat up a high profile athlete at a university for no reason at all.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Less of a retaliation and more of a what goes around comes around times two. They're not done yet.

jimbo

I knew when I heard that Ball being jumped was unprovoked that it was BS. People don't just jump a big dude like that for fun. I knew it had to be for a reason. Now we know.

SB

I told ya something must be up with this. Not many people get jumped for no reason on college campus.

SMASHED

I thought Montee Ball was that old guy who did a game show and was dead.

Who knew?!

Joe

Why Geeeeeez, what a surprise.. Kind of ruins the I was just walking minding my own business line.

AG

The idea that Montee getting jumped was retaliation for another fight is completely unfounded and ridiculous. I live in Madison, go to school at UW and am roommates with two people who were with Montee earlier in the night before he got jumped. If you are familiar with Madison, you can read the police report and easily surmise that this was an unprovoked attack considering it took place blocks away from where they had been hanging out. Also, by reading the report you can see that the 5 men who attacked Montee fled in a direction where there is no student housing and therefore are most likely not students at the University.

obama'saracist

sounds like a little pay back and it also sounds like he is a liar

Throwback kid

I hate to say it but alot of the football players on campus are bullies, they have always been the biggest and strongest since grade school and it has always worked for them. Mix in alcohol and these guys will fight pretty quick with you at parties, and the football players always come with plenty of back up. Well it looks like this brotha picked on the wrong guy and he got his own crew together to give him a beat down as payback

DT BE GREAt

LOL THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD OK LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT ... A FIGHT ABOUT A WEEK AGO? HUH REALLY WHY DIDNT THE POLICE GET CALLED? AND THEY DO WHEN THERS 2 GROUPS FIGHTING AND THATS A FACT!!! NO POLICE RECORDS TO ANY CALLS FOR ANY DISTURBANCES AT THAT ADDRESS ON THAT DAY HMMMMMMMMMMM REALLY !! ALL THAT HOOPLA DONT MATCH UP THIS IS FUNNY. GET IT STRAIGHT HE GOT JUMPED BECAUSE HE IS A HIGH PROFILE PLAYER AND THE PUNK CHUMPS THAT JUMPED HIM WERE YELLING "F" WISCONSIN FOOTBALL AND "F" YOU TOO HELLO PEOPLE

latestdiets.net

he was jumped by Montee Hall because he wouldn't make a deal.

Marilyn Wittenwyler

Gee, will the people that said it was tea party members now apologize? I think not! so typical....

Nick

I don't know what's worse, TMZ's story that is based off of no facts and only anonymous tips, or the fact that many of the commentators below are reacting as if they just read a story substantiated by facts....Nice pandering, TMZ. You always find news ways to get your clicks up.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments