Shifty Shellshock

I'm SORRY I Was a

Drugged-Out Train Wreck

8/2/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802_shifty_shellshock_tmz
Crazy Town singer Shifty Shellshock wants to apologize to everyone affected by his recent drug arrest -- telling TMZ, he's deeply sorry for the decisions that led him down that path ... and now, he's turning his life around.

A rep for Shifty -- real name Seth Binzer -- tells us, "Seth has completely changed his life around and has checked into a highly regarded drug and alcohol treatment center where he will be working with them to restructure his life over the next 2 years.”

As we reported, Shifty was sentenced yesterday to three years probation, stemming from his February drug arrest -- when cops say he roughed up his ex-GF at a Ross Dress for Less while carrying rock cocaine. Shifty was also ordered to stay away from his ex.

But Shifty's extremely remorseful over the whole incident, telling us, "I would like to sincerely apologize to the parties involved ... I feel very bad for those who I have offended and those who have endured this situation."

According to his rep, Shifty's been in drug treatment since April -- having immediately sought help following his release from an L.A. hospital where he was treated for a mysterious coma.

We're told Shifty -- known for his multiple stints on "Celebrity Rehab" -- just got off tour, and has even quit cigarettes cold turkey.

One source says, “He knows he has to make this work and has to stay sober for him to live and be there for his kids. Nobody has seen Seth in such a good place before.”

It's true ... we got Seth out last weekend and he looked great.

073112_shifty_launch_v3

Tee

searching...searching...hmmm....no real celebrities around. bye. lol

buzz kill

Famous last words "He was turning his life around" Give me a break. Once a loser always a loser.

Phreaky

Next time he relapses he will be dead. I feel bad for him, he's just one of those that you know is always going to be on drugs, the kind that just cannot stay stober.
RIP Mike Starr

writenow

Does TMZ now stand for Thugs-Morons-Zombies?

Who CARES?

parlayer

Im sorry I'm exposed to this crap!!

Machelle

I'm happy to hear he's
trying again because
this guy has so much
personality and potential.
When I heard he was in
a coma every day I thought
"Don't unplug him, he's going
to make it!" It wasn't a mystery, it
was drugs that put him there like all
the rest of his problems.

Caleigh

How many second chances is he going to get? Enough already!! I hope this time it works, or should I say this time HE has to WORK at it.

Mazor

Another Dr. Drew success story. Might as well book the funeral early and save a few bucks.

Babydoll0630

He will ALWAYS have a temptation.......as a mom I wouldn't risk it. Sometimes kids are better off without a 'dad' so to speak. Even though the driving force in my life has always been my father and his words.

Asian 101

Sorry but I have friends who are addicts and their "Sorries" mean little to nothing to me. Same old tired excuses over and over........By the way the "disease" excuse is a bunch of BS. Cancer is a disease....

esleenda

Just go away and do your rehab without making a statement. Go and do the work and get the job done. They are so worried about the PR, they cant focus on getting well! Alas, I dont think he will do the work.

History has proven that no mater how much money you thrown at someone, they will not stay on the straight! If someone offered you a million dollars to say off dope/alcohol, could/would you do it?

Tee

join scientology....

Marlyn

Dr Drew- you are a total failure!!!!!!!

M'

WASTE OF SPACE!!! FIGURE IT OUT DUDE!!! NO ONE LIKES YOU!!! YOU ARE A F*CKING DRUG ADDICT!!!NO ONE CARES! PLEASE DROP DEAD AGAIN.......FINALLY!!!! YOU ARE A LOSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ron

Just a matter of time before he joins all the dead people from celebrity rehab...good job Dr.Drew

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments