« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rod Carew

Sorry Adam Sandler ...

I'm NOT a Jew!

8/6/2012 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

080612_rod_carew_ipadTake off your yarmulke ... put down that gin and tonica ... 'cause Hall-of-Famer Rod Carew isn't Jewish after all ... despite the lyrics in Adam Sandler's famous "Hanukkah Song."

Everyone knows the lyrics:

"O.J. Simpson ... NOT A JEW!!!
... but guess who is ... Hall of famer Rod Carew ... (he converted)."

But when we ran into Rod at LAX this weekend, the baseball legend set the record straight .. he never actually converted back in the day.

Don't worry, Rod says he and Adam talked about the mistake after the song was released ... and the two even struck up a friendship over the mix up.

As for David Lee Roth ... he still lights the menorah, so do James Caan, Kirk Douglas and the late Dinah Shore-ah.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

thegreatamericandesertreturns

So that means that? adam sandler is`nt jewish!,I knew he was a fake the whole time.Next time you blow your own horn(ADAM) make sure you know your jewish or just stick to the gibberishisms OK?OK than.Hollywood is so full of jews that adam should have a easy time ID`ing them how the fluck did he mess this up,because he an`t a jew.he`s from NEW YORK and everyone knows that everyone there thinks that they are jewish.I think I use to be a jew but I forget what happened the 60s

Delaware D

LOL, all this time I thought he sang "All the fame of Rod Carew". oops.

thegreatamericandesertreturns

If adam was jewish he would know these things.BRILLO? adam does`nt have any brillo so he just an`t jewish at all sad but true.Does he work in hollywood? or something? I don`t know I don`t remember.Zoo keeper was a great movias but he was way to heavy.I always thought he was a comic

nanarudee

I remember when his daughters were Bat Mitzvahed. I recall when he was married to Marilyn HE WAS JEWISH! ( a convert his first wife was Jewish and he converted at that Time). I guess he is "unjewish" now. Since he has a new wife who is not Jewish

thegreatamericandesertreturns

there are so many jews in hollywood that if they lined up toe to toe they would circle the earth 27 times.but adam doesnt know who they are? makes you wonder if he can grow a brillo.Real jewish peoples hair is like spring wire and is impossible to cut or turn blond so I don`t think adam is jewish after all very sad day on hollywood

Rick Rodriguez

Wow! Timely reporting TMZ. Did you hear the latest on the US possibly pulling out of Vietnam????

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't care, I like Adam Sandler.

kpg1981

Rod Carew might as well be a jew. Tried to buy a home through a short sale in Coto de Caza a few months ago, and Rod Carew ruined the whole deal. He loaned some money to the owner and was considered a 3rd mortgage on the property for around $60......K. We made an offer on the house, they accepted, and Rod Carew said the only way to buy the house was to pay him $60......K FIRST before it could go through escrow. Basically if the house fell through, this bastard would have gotten paid and I would have been SCREWED. This man is SHADY and is trying to do something illegal. TMZ if you wanna contact me and do some PR work, ill be happy to give you the address of the house

aztech

How, exactly, does the late Dinah Shore still light a menorah?

ryan

Rod Carew is a great guy andI am very proud to say I know him. HEewas my hitting coach for a couple of years when he opened a hitting school in Anaheim Hills, Ca. He has had tragedy in his life with the passing of his youngest daughter. I just want people to know, I keep in touch with him and he is just an outstanding person. A great baseball player who is in the hall of fame who has a big heart and I am glad to know him.

yankeenena