Randy Travis

Leaves Jail in Paper Suit

After Naked DWI Arrest

8/8/2012 1:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_randy_travis_released_ap_article
Randy Travis left a Texas jail this morning in a brand new suit ... a paper suit ... after cops found the country singer NAKED at the scene of a DWI car wreck.

TMZ broke the story ... officials say Travis had no clothes on when they arrived to the scene of his car accident late last night. They also say Travis was drunk off his ass ... and arrested him for DWI.

After transporting a naked Travis to a nearby jail, officials forced Travis to put on the paper suit ... which he was allowed to wear home.

It's possible Travis wasn't entirely naked during the arrest -- since he was wearing a U of Texas hat on the way out of jail, it's possible he was also sporting the headwear at the crash scene.

If you're only gonna wear one article of clothing during a naked arrest, might as well make it something that says "Longhorn."

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Oh man that sucks. Funny as hell bit it sucks. He's barefoot and wearing a paper suit.

Kim

what a shame he is an awesome singer i hope he finds his way back we miss him and his talent

supermom

I would think this qualifies as "hitting rock bottom"

Jody

His attorney is telling him right now to immediately check himself into a treatment facility to show the judge he is so sorry for what he has done.

He won't get anything but a fine and community service.

sidithers

He looks in deep thought
Like what booze store will he will go to as soon as he's released

Keith

Luckily he did not kill anyone. It is only too bad that he wasn't killed in the crash because it is only a matter of time before this ugly no-talent ******** again gets behind the wheel drunk .

South Beach

A #1 country song is written ALL over this one!

Everyones~A~Star

typical bible beater

Muppet

I like Randy's singing but I despise the fact that he chose to climb into his car drunk. All that fame and money yet no brains. It leaves me just shaking my head. Sad.

jjh

Stupid to laugh and make fun, very sad Randy is a very awesome singer who has problems for sure, but now it is time to stop and look in the mirror and say enough is enough Get sober and finish out your life proud and not shamed like I'm sure you feel now. So sad, Randy and the young man wasted out of his mind being carried out of the club. Just so heart breaking not just for the person but all those's that it hurts too, and it for sure is just not Randy. Hope this for you -- Hope you GET IT now. Good luck getting sober, A FAN . :)

Susan Hunt

This is not what I expect from Randy. I will keep him in my prayers and hope he gets some help. I'm just glad he didn't hit someone and kill an innocent person. The song that you and Lib wrote I'm free has gotten me through some rough times in my life and I hope this is a wake up call for you. God doesn't ever turn his back on us, we walk away from Him, and He has blessed you so.

Markie

Sad.

luvdomus

There stands the glass
That will ease all my pain
That will settle my brain
It's my first one today

There stands the glass
That will hide all my tears
That will drown all my fears
Brother I'm on my way

rainbow4321

One of our local news channels is saying he went into a convenience store butt naked to buy some cigs, he got kicked out by the clerk and then afterwards is when the crash happened...he really musta been jones-ing for a a cig!!!

cobrazombie

Naked? Was it alcohol or bath salts?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments