Wayne Brady

BOOED for Trig Palin

Joke at Roseanne Roast

8/13/2012 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

081312_brady_roastFile this under "Things You Didn't Expect to Hear Today" -- Wayne Brady is under fire for a RACY joke he made at the "Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne" .... WAYNE BRADY!!!

So what subject was so touchy that the crowd actually booed?? Brady made a joke featuring Sarah Palin's son Trig ... who suffers from Down Syndrome.

Now for the joke ... which Brady made while addressing Jeff Ross:

"Now the thing is Jeff ... these are all jokes, and I really like you. I really, really like you. But a lot of people hate you, especially Sarah Palin because you remind her of what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40."

After some boos, Brady shot back, "Oh, now you boo me? F*ck y’all. I don’t want to hear that. These people say all of this sh*t about me, and you boo me because of Trig?”

badabing

It's a ROAST for christ sake. Anything goes! I may be in the minority but I thought Wayne was funny.

sidithers

This doechebag and all of his lame improv friends are painfully unfunny
Hey Wayne
as much as you think you can sing you stink at it

karmachameleon

Get over it. The joke wasn't about Trig having Downs. It was about Jeff Ross looking like he's got Downs.

Carl

The bigger story is that Wayne is capable of talking like that.

verlinda

Never liked Wayne Brady. About as funny as a hemorrhoid.

justagirl

Any person who open themselves up to the public where it be for political or entertainment purpose is subject to ridicule. However, when innocent children become victim of vicious attacks..it's uncalled for, espcially Sarah Palin's son. Many nowadays would have terminated the pregnancy once it was determined there was a problem. I have an immense respect for Sarah for holding human life in the highest regard. Why is Trig the only one to come under fire without anyone coming to his defense of improper comments. I also wonder why other celebrities with children with health or mental disabilites are not in the line of fire of "jokes", such as Holly Robinson Peete, Jenny MacCarthy, Trace Adkins, Collin Farrell....the list goes on and on. NO ONE makes fun of those children, so why are Sarah's children listed as fair game? Shame on you, Wayne.

jeff

I watch every roast. The roasters were just too nice last night. I'm still waiting for them to beat the pam anderson roast.(the best)The sheen and trump roasts were alot funnier too. The roast was funny, but I was expecting alot more. They need to bring in funnier people next time like Carrot Top, Jimmy Kimmel, Nick Dipalo, and Snoop Dog.

wideopen

Trig has a touch of the Downs, doesn't he??

Not like Brady said anything earth ****tering here.

kensmith14738

I'm no wayne brady fan, he's not funny, his singing is marginal at best and he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag with a blow torch. Probably not the best subject to joke about no matter what. I admit to applauding anyone who takes a stab at Palin, but I'd rather the baby left alone, its neither necessary nor has any chance what so ever of being funny.

del

What comedian ever made a joke about Rosemary Kennedy?

How about joking about Ted Kennedy's son with one leg, yeah, that's a real source of humor.

Never happened. If it did, they would have had Sinatra, RFK, & Ted Kennedy & Eunice Kennedy to deal with, as well as the Kennedy family media friends @ the NY Times, Newsweek, Wash. Post, etc.

Why does TMZ write it as if, oh wow, someone booed at a liberal Hollywood icon roast about a joke of a GOP candidate's Down's Syndrome young child....really, they booed. Who knew.

It's a kid.
It's a kid w/ a disabiity.
A child w/ a disability.
Grow up Hollywood.......

Now, Joe Biden's hair plugs, that's fair game........

Jexica

So how does the kid feel about the joke? Oh, he didn’t watch the Roast, and knows nothing of it?
Oh. Sooooo. . . .what’s the problem?

go home!

It's a shame, Wayne Brady tried a little too hard to prove he is "bad ass black man" because all the jokes about him and on the roast last night were about him being square and "white." He is a handsome man, he speaks well and has success. He should be proud of that, instead of letting idiots who make fun of an educated black man seem like an insult.

Sherms

I just this weekend watched Charlie Sheen's roast (way behind, I know). I have never watched a roast before (big, fat loser, I know). I didn't quite understand why the roast is actually more about roasting the speakers than it is "the person of the hour." That really confused me. I have DVR'd the Roseanne one. Looking forward to watching that sometime this year. :)

DaveT

It's OK folks, Obama will call Sarah and Trig and apologize.

Glenda in Texas

Uncalled for. No need to bring an innocent child into your presentation of jokes.