Wayne Brady

BOOED for Trig Palin

Joke at Roseanne Roast

8/13/2012 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

081312_brady_roastFile this under "Things You Didn't Expect to Hear Today" -- Wayne Brady is under fire for a RACY joke he made at the "Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne" .... WAYNE BRADY!!!

So what subject was so touchy that the crowd actually booed?? Brady made a joke featuring Sarah Palin's son Trig ... who suffers from Down Syndrome.

Now for the joke ... which Brady made while addressing Jeff Ross:

"Now the thing is Jeff ... these are all jokes, and I really like you. I really, really like you. But a lot of people hate you, especially Sarah Palin because you remind her of what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40."

After some boos, Brady shot back, "Oh, now you boo me? F*ck y’all. I don’t want to hear that. These people say all of this sh*t about me, and you boo me because of Trig?”

exit172

Trig Palin "suffers" from Down syndrome???

Uhhh, no, TMZ...

Gail

Children with Down Syndrome DO NOT "suffer" from it......Please be careful of your wording. My beautiful perfect child ONLY "suffers" from attitudes like those of Wayne Brady

Noah's Dad

You do understand that Trig doesn't "suffer" with Down syndrome right? He has 3 copies of his 21st chromosome, not the flu.

elyse

I'm not gonna lie but I did laugh, no offense to the baby or to the people taking this way too serious. I've seen other roasts and you have to admit it the jokes get dirtier every year so I'm not really surprised at all.

srt8jkt

what an assclown

srt8jkt

what an assclown

Kim

I just watched the video of Wayne Brady mocking a 4 year old boy with Down Syndrome. What a vicious attack on a very young, innocent child! That is not comedy, that is cruel and shows that Wayne Brady does not have any class, compassion or decency. Mocking people with Down Syndrome is as low as you can go. Historically people with special needs have been left out of society and torn away from their families and communities and locked away in institutions. Mr. Brady needs to re-think his comedy and how his words will hurt people and effect the way people are viewed and treated by our society.

Kim

M, OAKS

I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR COMMENTS MY GREAT DAUGHTER HAS DOWNS SHE IS AMAZING A LOVING BRIGHT CHILD. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ABUSIVE TO ALL SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN.HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR CHILD HAD A SPECIAL NEED AND SOMEONE WAS SAYING HURTFUL THINGS. I HOPE YOU WILL SEE HOW WRONG THIS IS.

Amy D

"Suffers" from down syndrome?! The only thing causing suffering to little Trig and his family are insensitive jerks like Wayne Brady who make low blows to those they dislike. He know exactly what he was doing! He took a pot shot at a person he dislikes/disagrees with. What better what to hurt her than to target her child?
Hey! Jamie Foxx! Are you gonna take a stand and tell Brady he was wrong to single out a person (child!!) who just so happens to have an extra chromosome, like your sister? Or are you gonna let it go because it was a "joke"?

takethathuh

Oh people shut up... I have heard people say jokes about black people, white people, ect.. now you want to get sensitive about a Freaking joke about Stupid Ass Sarah Palin's son.. Oh Well... If you can't take it don't dish.. yay!! Wayne Freedom of speech isn't that what Rush Limbaugh.. Screw you guys!!!

Chris Burkmenn

That was low Wayne Brady. Seriously I am mad. He was born with an extra chromosome. Don't hate.

Linda Schow

Big man, eh?

LarriLove

If " Joan Rivers says the same crap, nobody says anything. Joan now says m she 's the " White Rosa Parks " she steps over the line...on everyone, who censors this " Foul " mouth B*tch and Lisa Lampanelli is another one, this is a roast, his joke was ok, the guy he was referring to is a comic, not a " retard " and he didn't say " Trig " was either. But people make jokes about him and he is supposed to swallow it. this is crap. worse had been said, about " Stevie Wonder " but, that's okay, anyone of you bleeding hearts ever think about that.

ls2542

Wayne Brady is an idiot.

Sincerely
The Grandmother of a child with DS and very proud of it.