Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

stonechops

I was in an accident just one block from here about 7 years ago. Person ran a red light and tried suing ME for careless driving. The judge sided with me.

Swins

Isn't she on Big Bang Theory? Wouldn't that be a more contemporary reference?

barcham

Isn't it time to stop referring to her as the former 'Blossom' actress? She's been on The Big Bang Theory for a number of years now and does a wonderful job. Time to move into the present, TMZ!

sweetnsassy

Hate to hear this there is nothing wrong with her nose to me if someone makes fun of her they them selves are jealous pricks!

MISSA

Get better Mayim i hope you don't lose your finger and you heal quickly :)

Mattie

Does anyone know why an article about Mayim Bialik has attracted so many racists and bigots needed to express irrelevant commentary?

Pete the Geek

She is also a mother. I hope she gets better soon.

Veronica5150

I love her! i really hope that she recovers soon from this and doesnt lose her finger. I really want to see her again on the Big Bang Theory. I loved her in blossom and i love her now. I am praying for her speedy recovery

R

omg! I love her! She was great in Blossom, on What Not to Wear and, best yet, The Big Bang Theory. I hope the doctors can save her finger.

Dan Leveille

"Photo credit: Twitter.com" -- really? That's like saying "Photo credit: Google Images" No credit to the actual user who took the photo? https://twitter.com/AyameKenoshi/status/235837117505351680

Criss

That sucks!

Bob

look at the car accident! How can her hand have sustained "major damage and possible severing of her ONE finger"? The Windows are rolled up! Unless she jammed it in the seat track I highly doubt this story.

Elizabeth

I know Mayim from the show Blossom on years ago, and currently on the Big bang theory. I think that she is awesome. I hope that she doesn't lose her finger, and no permanent damage to her hand;. She is too nice of a lady..

Pamela

Hope she's okay.

Slomoshun

how the hell do you almost lose a finger in a little wreck like that?