Shia LaBeouf

'Transformers' Felt Like

A 'Finger Up My Ass'

8/15/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0815_tmz_shia_labeoufShia LaBeouf claims filming "Transformers" felt like having a "a finger up your ass" -- and now, the actor says he's quitting big budget movies for good.

26-year-old Shia spoke with The Hollywood Reporter recently, swearing off studio flicks for the rest of his life ... in favor of a career in indie films -- saying, "I'm done ... There's no room for being a visionary in the studio system. It literally cannot exist."

Shia said, "You give Terrence Malick a movie like 'Transformers', and he's f**ked. There's no way for him to exist in that world."

Shia then gushed about the people behind his new movie "Lawless" -- saying, "These dudes are a miracle ... They give you the money, and they trust you -- [unlike the studios, which] give you the money, then get on a plane and come to the set and stick a finger up your ass and chase you around for five months."

That stinks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tee

he knows how that feels from experience i'm sure. what an ass.

devilgirl

I bet he has had more than a few fingers up his hipster ass.

Buckaroobonzai

oye.... rich people problems.
I'm thinking that big budget hollywood is prob about done with Shia anyway.

Tee

BTW, that's how I felt everytime I had to watch you "act".

Jim in Cali

This guy is such an ASS. Rip the movie franchise that actually made you. Earth to Shia, U aren't the next DeNiro or Pacino. You should be lucky you actually are in any movies.

Lila

Pretty sure that's what catapulted his career....not Even Stevens. Celebs need to be more thankful for the **** they are given.

TheTruth

Poor little thing. You mean there's a price to be paid for being paid ridiculous money while making you famous? I really feel sorry for you. They just wouldn't let you do it your way. They hindered your artistic freedom. What a total elitist pig. Grow up!

Carl

Yeah yeah, Liam Neeson said the same thing after filming Star Wars. You'll be back for the big paycheck. Just pick a good big budget film next time.

Sunset

I can see where he is coming from but I wouldn't speak so brazenly. He may need that finger up his ass again a few years down the road.

IceGypsy

Well hope he's happy doing his indie films. After that comment I can't imagine another studio will touch him

justjo104

What an ungrateful jerk! I'm glad he's done with Hollywood, I'm done with watching him too. He needs to count his blessing instead he get mad when someone takes his picture. I hope everyone stops taking pics of him, would serve him right.

malia

Those big budget films made you rich... dumb A$$! You probably need a finger up your Ass

Angela

Well, those Transformers movies made him more recognizable. Instead of that kid that played in Holes and Even Stevens.

soggybiscuit

but he has no problem taking a 10 million paycheck?

Birdsht

Gum flapping heb has destroyed every movie he has been cast in. Goes both ways you worthless muppet. Unwatchable carp, EVERY SINGLE ONE

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments