« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Champ CM Punk

Rape Jokes Ain't Funny

A.W. Deserved Firing

8/16/2012 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

081612_cm_punk_launch
WWE Champion CM Punk believes Vince McMahon was RIGHT to fire Abraham Washington ... because rape jokes are not funny and have no place in the WWE.

TMZ spoke with the wrestling champ on his way in to Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills last night where he made it clear ... A.W.'s crack about Kobe Bryant during a live WWE event was definitely grounds for termination.

"I don't like to see anybody lose their job," Punk told us ... but says axing someone over a rape joke is "justified."

TMZ broke the story ... WWE fired A.W. last week, claiming it wasn't just the Kobe joke that cost him his job ... A.W. was habitually exhibiting "poor judgement."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

People Annoy Me

I don't like seeing him trying to get fame off topics everyone agrees on. (the Chris brown thing, now this?) I think someone's mooching a little bit of "Lime Light" here.

LDB

This dude seriously needs to get off his high horse preaching about everybody else acting like he's so perfect and never made one mistake before. The joke was actually funny and wasn't a big deal to get fired over. He has no sense of humor.

Kat

I'm still waiting for Chris Brown to respond to CM Punk about fighting a man his own size. Brown acted like a child, attacking Punk and sending his moronic Team Breezy after him ... then deleted everything when he realized that CM Punk would destroy him.

LunarJunk

But it's ok to tell a fan to "kill themselves" on twitter and still keep your job? Hmmm ok!

DizzKid

You've got to love how TMZ blows **** out of context too gain views right?

Mumra the Ever Living

I may be wrong, but wasn't there an entire story line where the wrestler that is the real life son-in-law of Vince and Linda McMahon raped a corpse? They made months worth of fun of that if I remember.

Blue Lake

And I don't like to see women raped, which Kobe did. AW was awesome and this guy's a twerp. Hope Kobe bends him over a chair and makes him bleed.

Batgirl

If someone asks you a question you are going to respond. CM PUNK is the WWE champion. Rape is no joke.

Nostradamus

Of course he is going to side with his boss.

arale norimaki

Does anybody else think that the WWE sucks?

james321

just as Janice implied I'm taken by surprise that some one can get paid $9559 in four weeks on the computer. did you read this page LazyPay7.com

Harlem_K1ng

Well then CM Punk, maybe you should have been fired when you called a fan a Homo at a WWE event.

SJW

I think he's siding with WWE, because if he disagrees, he could get in big trouble. CM Punk is an honest man, and I can see that he wanted to explain more on both sides, but was hesitant, because Vince could fine him at any moment. So of course he has to agree with the boss. He is on of WWE's big merchandise sellers, and he is extremely popular in the world of professional wrestling.

Angelina

I cry for this man who lost his JOB because other people are whiney sissy babies rocking themselves back in forth in a corner over a HARMLESS miniscule little joke.

static

I think he was being factual. (allegedly)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments