« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Hope Solo is LYING ...

I Never Slapped Her

8/17/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_maksim-chmerkovskiy_hope_solo_getty_tmz
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is adamant ... he NEVER slapped Hope Solo across the face behind the scenes at "Dancing with the Stars" ... despite allegations she made in her new book.

TMZ has learned ... Maksim was absolutely shocked when he heard about the "completely false" story in Hope's book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope" ... in which the Team USA soccer star claims Maksim pulled a Rick James while trying to put her head in the correct position for a dancing move.

The two were partners on "DWTS" in 2011.

Sources close to Maksim tell us ... he has no idea why Solo would publish such a false and defamatory statement and doesn't know why she would have such ill will towards him ... especially because they've had dinner several times since the show ended.

In fact, Hope JUST tweeted Maksim right before the Olympics, offering him free seats to one of the Team USA soccer games.

Hope's rep tells TMZ, she stands by what she wrote in her autobiography.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

MrHarrybawls2010

The u.s womens' soccer team should not have been given those gold medals. I haven't been that angry since I read Robin Williams was making another movie.

LDB

They had dinner together and slept together but dude didn't call her back, which probably pissed her off so she said he slapped her.

Jordan

That is alright max she deserves a good slapping but by brandy chastain.

EMP BITE ME

He is Sexist.

gill

Actually, I believe it. I thought he was always mean to her and he didn't connect with her for some reason. I didn't like how he treated her at all.

Keyser Söze

I believe Maksim 100%.
Solo is a drama queen - she'll do and say anything just so people would talk about her.
Doesn't surprise me at all that she would create complete bullsh*t just for publicity.
And, as one posters already said, it probably also have to do with Chmerkovskiy ignoring her advances.

Bottom line: the woman is just not untrustworthy.

Diamond Goddess!

Go AWAY you fugly, cray-cray b!tch! No one cares about you at all. She faked being injured on DWTS because sh BLEW at dancing! She said her homeless dad would walk to her matches. Why didn't you buy him a bus pass, you cretin. Only lezbos care about women's soccer. All she does is WHINE. UGH!!!

ryan

This girl has a problem. WIll she just shut up. In her interview with Costas she stated this is the first time I have ever felt I am on a real team, 23 players all together. Way to put down the other USA teams in the past couple of years your played for and your college teams.

Keksi

She looks like Olivia Munn.

Same personality too.

ryan

if anybody ever watches wrestling, Im thinking of what Chris Jerico says.

Would you please just shut the hell Up.

ryan

o by the way this attention whore will pose for playboy when her 15 minutes of fame is up or a sex tape will be out in public ( Mamma Kardashian style)

BB not bb

Maybe he just pushed her face hard at one point to get it in position, sort of in the heat of the moment. I don't think he would intentionally beat her down as part of the training. I don't think it is the same at all as what a battered woman like Tina Turner went through. Being beaten by a spouse is a very humiliating and heart breaking experience that leaves the victim emotionally as well as physically devestated. I think she was just trying to sound edgy to sell her book. She did seem happy enough to be around him and stay in the competition with him, not like she was so beaten and humilated that she couldn't get away from him.

jimmy d

Hope don't get your balls in a knot

daphne

Hope is a selfish and arrogant individual. My and daughter' her coach and soccer team waited 4 1/2 hours at Bookends in Ridgewood NJ to meet this woman who left early didn't even say hello. I will be at that store when it opens this AM to return that awful book.

deanne

UMMM.. Because she's a Fame Whore who wants to Extend her 15 minutes?? What a Loser!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments