« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vanessa Bryant

I'd Support Kobe ...

Even If He Was a Loser

8/17/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0817_vanessa_kobe_bryant
Vanessa Bryant claims she's not a shallow gold-digging, championship-hoarding basketball wife ... insisting she would have married Kobe Bryant even if he NEVER won an NBA title.

Bryant is finally responding to critics who skewered her for the interview she did with New York Magazine in which she said, "I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships."

Now, Vanessa tells TMZ ... "I'm sad to hear that comments in my New York  Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context. I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams."

Vanessa continues, "I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates."

"For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner’ it is about our sacrifice as a family. “

FYI -- Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000 ... and he won his first championship in June of 2000.

0612_KOBE_VANESSA_FOOTER

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DaveT

Since Kobe never raped anyone, can't blame his wife for deciding to stay, he's a nice guy ;)

FukUall6787

yeah but at the same time you would with someone who is constantly cheating on you and you act like you don't give a damn,some one Vanessa i though you had more sense than that.

there is always the saying once a cheater always a cheater and kobe bryant clearly doesn't deserve you simply because he can not keep his hands off of other women/groupies who are constantly flaunting themselves at him just hoping to get some from him.

now don't get me wrong i'm a die hard kobe/lakers fan but she needs to realize that he has cheated on her like twice and probably still is but just keeping it on the down low without your knowledge.but if you wanna stay with someone that breaks your heart over and over again i mean do you really like the pain and suffering from that?
i don't think so and i don't care if he has 50 nba titles under his belt no man is worth staying with not even for the money,so what goes around comes around.

jimi

loser, tool, douche, etc,etc.etc

verlinda

Wake me when someone puts a plastic bag over this bitch head

putzco

(Vanessa) "I'm sorry, could you repeat the golddigging question? I was distracted by the glow of my $2 Million dollar purple diamond."

Michelle

She'd support Kobe IF he was a loser? Kobe IS a loser!!

God-Of-Lyf

[Rolls Eyes] then Yawns...

KG

rat face -lazy eyed- rapist

Cujeaux

She reminds me of Pam Anderson. If she had to find a job that didn't involve staring into a mirror for half the day, she would be destitute. Thanks to Kobe for keeping her off the streets.

Scotty

I love when lawyers write for their uneducated, nasty, illiterate clients.

Jodi

She might have married Kobe even if he never won an NBA title but I bet she wouldn't have stayed with him after learning he cheated on her more than a few times. That's the difference.

Kobe is bringing in mega bucks so she stays even though he has made a fool out of her and cheated often. Would she have done that if was just a regular player....I think not. IMO it shows she put the material things first.

SpeakTheWord

Not if was a broke azz Kobe who had a min. wage job..

nisiek

well now she is just lying, she is a latina from the Inland Empire she won the husband roulette (but that is debatable) her options were some dudes from the hood until Kobe came a calling, she is so full of it. She is about as real as her new fake nose and breasts...Vanessa, you are a gold digger just own it and quit defending yourself, you are as see through as glass.

Bambi

Lying biatch.

O_o

if that was her direct quote - how could that be misconstrued, or taken out of context? some comments stand on their own. no context necessary. silly woman.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments